Data Engineer (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: September 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We’re looking for talented and motivated people to join our team!
Smartfrog is a tech startup focused on the “Internet of Things”, which is about making everyday objects more intelligent and connected to the internet, enabling the user to access them from anywhere at any time. We want the latest technologies to be affordable and user-friendly, so that our everyday lives become more comfortable, more efficient and more secure. Are you the kind of person who gets excited by new challenges? Do you want to help us find innovative solutions to those challenges? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What we offer
- A dynamic office environment at an international tech startup in the heart of Berlin
- The chance to help build an exciting new brand and develop new products
- A young and agile business with flat hierarchies
- Great potential to develop your career
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- Attractive compensation package
We are looking for an experienced data engineer to support our Backend Team in building data infrastructure which will allow us to act data driven as a company.
- Provide data on user behaviour, marketing and financial data to stakeholders which will be used for ad-hoc and automated reporting as well as data science applications (including object recognition in video and image data)
- Get data from external APIs and combine them with our own data warehouse content
- Develop first-class data pipelines and analytical applications using cutting edge technologies of your choice. Current stack is AWS, Postgres, Python and Java
- Work closely with Product, Marketing and Finance teams to provide them with stable and modern data infrastructure
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- SQL on expert level
- Python - experience with data processing and common libraries like Pandas and Numpy, Data visualizations, ETL Pipelines
- Experience working in an agile cross-functional team
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Practical experiences with Spark and/or AWS Kinesis would be a plus
- Understanding of main ML algorithms would be a plus
- Experience with Java would be a plus
How to apply
Are you interested in joining the Smartfrog team? Please send your CV with a short cover letter including salary indication to Martin Kottbusch, firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to get to know you!