Data Engineer (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Oktober 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
You will be a core part of the software team and will be responsible for the management and extension of our core data flows. You will take care of data correctness and consistency, and code critical business metrics and reports. You will have an eye towards incorporating new kinds and types of data into our systems.
Together with our high class researchers you will make key data-related decisions in a data-driven business.
So1 is Google Adwords for retail. We have built and are expanding a revolutionary cross-retailer promotion platform based on cutting-edge algorithms and a seamless online integration with traditional offline retailers. On our platform we allow retailers to target consumers truly individually and in real-time with the most efficient discounts and promotions.
Our models infer, predict, explain and measure the behavior of shoppers. Our algorithms optimize for econometric goals adjusted for long-term customer satisfaction and engagement.
The So1 Engine learns from billions of consumer transactions and derives the right impulse at the right time to induce a change in customers’ behavior.
We partner with leading retailers and have been backed by high-profile investors Target Partners and Shortcut Ventures with 8-figure investments.
Here is a video in German summarizing what we do: https://youtu.be/.
As Data Engineer at So1 you will work at the intersection of software engineering, data science and business analytics. You'll help to scale our data stores, data pipelines and ETLs handling tens of terabytes of data from several well-known offline retailer chains.
- You will help our data scientists build and integrate robust and scalable machine learning models
- You will support our software engineers design and implement efficient data processing workflows
- You will continue to develop our custom data processing pipeline and continuously search for ways to improve our technology stack along our increasing scale
- You will measure, analyze and optimize the performance of our data processing pipelines
- You are fluent in programming in Python (or you know a similar language and are motivated to learn Python)
- You have a good understanding of efficient algorithms and you know how to analyze them
- You have good knowledge of SQL
- You are curious about how databases or other data processing tools work internally and ideally you know about columnar databases
- You are familiar with the Linux ecosystem and working with command line tools
- Knowledge of C / Java / Scala / R
- Knowledge of the SciPy stack (NumPy, pandas, IPython/Jupyter notebooks, ...)
- Data visualization skills (i.e. using d3.js)
- Business intelligence knowledge (data modelling, reporting)
- Knowledge of data processing frameworks like i.e. Spark or Kafka
- Working knowledge of AWS technologies (Redshift / S3) or similar cloud environments
Our offer to you
- High impact on our core products
- Very experienced colleagues with various backgrounds
- Extremely wide range of learning opportunities
- Professional software creation processes & work organization
- High performance-based compensation
- The flavor of a startup (free drinks & snacks, team events, rooftop terrace, etc.) combined with the professionalism of seasoned veterans
Your new team
We are a diverse team of about 30 software engineers, ML engineers and business people. All united in their hunger to achieve something great and change the promotion game for good. We operate in small teams, with flat hierarchies. We love cooking together in the kitchen and having fun with barbeques on our rooftop terrace. We welcome everyone warmly in our team no matter where you come from or what your background is.
We are very much looking forward to your application. Please send your CV including earliest possible entry to the So1 recruitment team.
By submitting your resume and application information you authorize So1 to transmit and store your information in the So1 recruitment database and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies within So1.