Software Developer (Java) – White Labels (m/f)
idealo Internet GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juli 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
For 15 years, idealo - as a neutral price comparison website - has been a reliable partner for everyone looking for the right product: with price and performance transparency given pride of place. No amount of money would persuade us to make poor offers look attractive. This transparency delivered by more than 600 idealo employees in Berlin-Kreuzberg is greatly appreciated by our now 10 million unique users per month. To help us grow further, we are looking for you as
Software Developer (Java) – White Labels (m/w)
Part of this success are the idealo partner websites, the so called White Labels. They use core functions and data of idealo but have their own user interfaces and special features. We have many ideas for the further development of these sites, thus we are currently increasing our team size. Besides the White Labels this team will also work on additional, exciting new projects in the future.
If you would like to become part of this success story, these are the tasks awaiting you
- Development of a responsive frontend for the idealo partner websites using Java frameworks
- Maintenance of the idealo partner websites and enhancement of backend features
- Implementation of SEO measures in cooperation with the SEO team
- Evaluation of new technologies and approaches
- Development in further experimental projects
To master all this, we expect you to have the following skills
- Excellent knowledge in application development using Java and the Spring framework
- Very good HTML/CSS skills
- Very good skills using the architecture pattern MVC
- You have a "full-stack mindset", from the infrastructure to the user
- Continuous integration & delivery and code inspection as well as test automatization sounds familiar to you
- You like to communicate and educate other team members with your knowledge
- These skills are preferred, but not required:
- Knowledge of MongoDB (or at least NoSQL)
- Working experience with JSON, REST and APIs in general
- Experiences with the Wicket framework
At idealo you can expect
- Fun at work: openness and short decision channels are not just buzz words here! Look forward to a team that will welcome you with open arms and will be keen to support you in your thorough training phase!
- Life-long learning: Here you can continuously develop your occupation and your personal skills: our training courses, ranging from Axure to Zendesk, will be tailored to your personal needs.
- A work-life balance that is really that: you can flexibly arrange your working hours to achieve the balance between your work and private life that you want.
- A family-friendly company: with our family service, emergency child care or the children's party we support you and your family
- A job in the heart of Berlin: you will be working in a historical factory loft in the centre of the vibrant district of Kreuzberg.
Do you see yourself in this profile and would like to work with us? Then we should get to know each other!
Please send us your complete job application (cover letter, CV and qualification certificates or references) stating your salary expectations and earliest starting date.