Software Engineer (m/f)
IT Produktmanagement Development
Beginn: Dezember 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for passionate software engineers that want to collaborate, learn, while building products that are part of Volkswagen’s digital transformation.
The Digital:Lab does digital transformation within the Volkswagen Group
The Volkswagen Digital:Lab based in Berlin is part of the group’s approach to take on the challenges posed by the digital transformation. For the industry and our society data driven services and business models have become and will be more and more significant.
Our goal is to build products beyond the scope of the traditional Volkswagen core business in order to create a new digital ecosystem for the group. We are dedicated to change the future mobility experience of our customers and support the process towards becoming an integrated mobility service provider.
The Volkswagen Digital:Lab’s philosophy resembles a new kind of cooperation - whether it is the strong belief in a low-hierarchy- and equality-based culture within our team of professionals or the way we collaborate with our external business partners – which are mainly start-ups, academic institutions and tech companies.
For the first two years of our ramp-up our on-site partner Pivotal Labs helps us adapt to their best practice in lean and agile software development methodologies.
We talk to our customers and iterate quickly - using lean and agile methodologies
- Collaborate with our partners from internal business units like sales, marketing and R&D to understand their vision of a promising product for the customer and then break it down into a backlog of user stories that can be designed and implemented
- Sustainably implement our iterative, lean, agile and XP-based development process while focusing on the delivery of a minimum viable product (MVP) through early validation with our customers
- Work hands-on as teams of data scientists, designers, developers, and product managers to design, validate and deliver software that meets our users’ needs and requirements
- Conduct user research, testing, and analysis
- Innovate and iterate on lean and agile processes and share what works and what could be better
What we are looking for…
- Strong knowledge of a programming language used for server development plus relevant framework and/or a mobile programming language plus framework. For example, any or some of
- Java, Spring
- Objective-C or Swift, iOS
- Java, Android
- Exceptional software engineering knowledge and working knowledge of software design principles
- Strong communication skills and interest in an environment where pairing is one of the core methodologies. "What is pairing?" you might ask. Well, it is an agile software development technique where two programmers work together at one workstation that has 2 mirrored screens, 2 keyboards and 2 mice. One -the so called "driver"- writes code while the other -the "observer"- reviews each line of code as it is typed. Those two switch roles frequently.
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- German & English at business level fluency
- Experience with test-driven development and pair programming a plus
- Experience with web front-end development a plus
- Experience with mobile application development a plus
- Experience with cloud environments a plus
Want to see how we work at the Digital:Lab? Check out our video on Youtube.
Could we make you interested in becoming a software engineer in the Volkswagen Digital:Lab Berlin?
Send us your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org! :)