Software Engineer (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Januar 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking to add a talented and versatile Software Engineer to our Berlin Storefront team to work on building our growing European presence for Wayfair/Joss & Main Europe.
The Storefront team is responsible for
- Core PHP development of our customer facing e-commerce sites, purchase & search functionality as well as custom functions designed to enhance customer browsing experience.
- Serving requests to over a million unique visitors per day.
- Deploying tens of thousands of modified lines of code every day spanning over 150 commits from a team of more than 400 engineers.
- Building a system capable of processing tens of thousands of orders every day.
- Building web-based, PHP centric, e-commerce applications that are robust, elegant and scalable that will perform under a high load.
- Being creative and resourceful to solve complex business challenges.
- Working with several large and complex SQL and NoSQL Databases.
- Developing software algorithms to streamline back end business workflow.
- Understanding our needs, risks and making appropriate technology decisions
You bring to the table
- Minimum of 2 years of Object Oriented (ideally PHP), Open Source Web Development experience (either demonstrable personal project work or within the industry)
- Experience working with several large and complex databases
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering from a 4-year college or university
- A ‘hands-on’ opportunity to hit the ground running at a fast-growing ecommerce company.
- Flat hierarchies and excellent opportunities for career advancement.
- A fun, friendly and motivated team, as well as a supportive and approachable management.
- Desirable office location in one of Berlin’s best-known districts.
- Fresh fruit, coffee and snacks every day.
- Free beverages on Friday afternoons.
- Monthly team outings and regular office events.
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
NOTE: PLEASE READ IF APPLYING – Wayfair uses a US based applicant tracking system as some default questions will highlight. For “City” please list your city of residence but for “state” list “not applicable;” for the US work authorization questions, please feel free to reply “no” to both. These are required fields by default, but they will not be fields used to qualify applicants in Germany.
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.