Software Engineer (m/f) - Marathon
Beginn: Mai 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Mesosphere is dedicated to helping enterprises unlock the next generation of datacenter scale, efficiency, and automation. Our main product - the Datacenter Operating System (DC/OS), is a new kind of operating system that spans the entire datacenter, pools datacenter resources, and automates IT operations. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is one of the most successful and impactful startups in the infrastructure space. Our founders played leading roles in building and scaling Twitter and Airbnb through their work on Apache Mesos and Chronos. Our engineers take pride in their craft and ship code that is well engineered and tested.
For the Marathon team we are looking for highly talented and motivated Software Engineers to help create the next cloud generation platform for containers and microservices. Marathon is a mission critical component of DC/OS.It has an established user-base and vibrant developer community. The platform is used both commercially and in open source. It is our flagship container orchestration platform, used by developers globally to run applications and stateful services. As a product, Marathon is one of the leaders in its class. In 2015 the platform was demonstrated live onstage at MesosCon deploying 50,000 containers in 72 seconds.
- Design and implement major new features for Marathon
- Analyze and solve tough distributed computing problems
- Work hard to consistently make the systems simpler
- Write high quality code that withstands high loads and scales
- Write maintainable code and support our open-source community contributors
- Effectively estimate time to implement designs
Experience & Skills
- Experience in Scala development and debugging
- Familiarity with functional programming and the Actor Model
- Experience designing and implementing clean interfaces and APIs
- Experience with container systems like Docker and Rkt is a plus
- Experience with designing, implementing and/or operating large-scale distributed systems is considered a big plus
Perks at Mesosphere
In addition to a developer friendly atmosphere which allows you to fully concentrate on doing your best work you can, Mesosphere also provides:
- Relaxed and open office space with an amazing view of the Hamburg harbor
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for the Mesosphere, Inc.
- Pick your tech gear
- Experience the Silicon Valley spirit and work among some of the brightest in the field
- Regular team events and offsites
- Gym/Wellness membership at a sports club of your own choice
- 75% contribution for public transportation
- Breakfast, snacks & drinks
Mesosphere provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and team members and is committed to inclusion and diversity.