Software Engineer - Mobile Android (m/w)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: April 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Our mobile team is lucky. Yelp is the richest source of local data in the world, and we get to build all that content into location-aware mobile apps. Our 135+ million monthly Yelp visitors send over 55,000 messages each month to businesses in over 28 countries. With our Yelp for Business Owners app, we're now making it easier for business owners to engage with those customers and manage their Yelp reputation on the go.
We are an agile team that creates an amazing experience for millions of business owners worldwide. We are engineers. And we are also makers (of burrito bombers), roller girls, pilots, bakers, and cartwheelers. Join our world-class team and be a one of the personalities that make the Yelp culture awesome.
We are looking for a talented developer to join the Android team in our centrally-located Hamburg office, steps from the Rathaus, S- and U-Bahn, and countless delicious lunch options. We're a small team, and everyone plays a critical part in defining and building the perfect experience for millions of Yelp business owners. Excited to be slingshotting our Android user numbers to space as Yelp grows internationally? Come take our Yelp Android experience to the next step - then rinse and repeat. Be creative, build prototypes, iterate.
- Passion for hacking cool new features on Android
- Insistence on a consistent and responsive user experience
- Test-driven development
- Eager to embrace challenges with scalability, reliability, internationalization, and performance
- Excellent typing ability in the presence of flying Nerf darts
- A passion for Yelp and its mission to connect people with great local businesses
- Pointers to mobile apps you've built
- Familiarity with tablet development (Android, Kindle)
- Experience writing server-side APIs
- Can spend 30 minutes explaining why Java is more verbose than it needs to be
- Active contributor to open source software
- Keep learning & growing - show us you crave new knowledge and challenges!
Please apply directly via our webpage yelp.com/careers and hit the "Apply Now" button