Software Engineer - Mobile iOS at YELP (m/w)
Beginn: April 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Our mobile team is lucky. Yelp is the richest source of local data in the world, and we get to build all that content into location-aware mobile apps. We're bringing our 67M+ reviews to our 10M+ app lovers all around the globe. We push Yelp's frontier, adding new products that make sense in an emerging mobile world, from where we draw 45% of our searches.
We are looking for a talented mobile developer to join our iOS team, in the Hamburg branch of an elite engineering team headquartered in San Francisco. Our modern loft office is based in central Hamburg, close to the harbor and Speicherstadt. Free coffee, drinks, and snacks keep our minds free for the important things in life (coding!). We are a small team that creates an amazing experience for millions of Yelpers. Join our world-class team and be one of the personalities that make the Yelp culture awesome.
Ever wondered why the Yelp app was integrated into Apple Maps? Come see first hand the care and innovative design we strive for to keep our app user-oriented and fresh as the mobile space evolves.
- Insistence on a consistent and responsive user experience
- Mastery of mobile client and/or backend & API technologies (iPhone SDK, Cocoa, SQL)
- Command of your favorite programming language: Java, Objective C / C++, Python, Ruby, etc
- Test-driven development
- Excitement about the challenges of internationalization, scalability, and performance
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment
- Excellent typing ability in the presence of flying Nerf darts
- A passion for Yelp
- Pointers to mobile iOS apps you've built
- Familiarity with tablet development (Android, Kindle, iPad)
- Experience writing server-side APIs
- Love of Python
- Battle-proven MySQL knowledge
- Active contributor to open source software
- Keep learning & growing - show us you crave new knowledge and challenges!
Please apply directly via our webpage yelp.com/careers and hit the "Apply Now" button