Software Engineer - Python (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juni 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We’re looking for a Software Engineer Python for one of our ventures!
This venture’s mission is to make public data understandable for everyone, regardless of their background.
Their first eGov product keeps municipalities ahead of their game by enabling them to make data driven decisions on their finances. Local governments have access to all their financial data in one place -> online. They believe that the newest technologies out there can bring governments to the next level. The venture is taking off with their first customers in France, Germany and Belgium.
*Backend Stack: Python, flask, pandas, SQLalchemy, postgreSQL
*Frontend Stack: Polymer, D3.js
*Development/Deploy Environment: Docker, GitLab (issue tracking, project management, CI), various AWS services
- You add direct value to creating a kick-ass platform that is able to collect & store relevant datasets.
- Design and build a scalable and failure resistant infrastructure, with the challenges of tomorrow in mind.
- You have extensive programming experience (3+ years) in web based applications.
- You know your way around SQL databases, data modelling and data structures in general.
- A well documented, well written codebase brings you joy.
- You have a solid understanding of various performance and security aspects of a web application.
- You have attention to detail, more than your former biology teacher
- Basic knowledge of DevOps tasks, the linux command line and service oriented architectures.
- Ideally you’ve contributed to open source / open data projects in the past.
What we offer
TEAM: You’ll be a part of a small, motivated team of 3 developers who develops real solutions to improve the way local governments work on a daily base
OFFICE: We take care to provide you with the right environment to fit your needs to be productive: Office Space at WeWork near Hackescher Markt, Computer (or BYOD), Monitor, Coffee, Beer, Table Tennis… whatever you need;).
FUN: We organize regular team events including movie nights, laser tag, TGIF etc.
SUPPORT: We’re a recently well funded startup, working with experienced engineers and serial entrepreneurs who’ve seen it all.
Is this you? Or would you want to become this person? Hit the apply button and send your CV! We’ll be happy to get to know you:)