Solution Architect (m/f)
ICE International Copyright Enterprise Germany GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Februar 2016
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
Solution Architect (m/f)
What is ICE?
ICE is a world class service center for the global management of rights. We offer the music industry a professional, reliable and efficient service, which enables music societies to manage copyright, and helps organizations, music societies and interested parties adapt to the challenge they face in today's ever changing right management business. We provide browser-driven database administration solutions. These solutions let you track and manage music usage across all media, including emerging market segments such as music downloads and Internet airplay. To expand our team in Berlin, we are looking for one:
Solution Architect (m/f)
The Solution Architect shares our compassion for creating customer value and service excellence, with the background of an extensive, complex systems development, systems integration and operations experience. The Solution Architect oversees architecture decisions and architectural excellence end-to-end across the ICE product portfolio. Reporting directly to the Head of Product Development and working side-by-side with senior technical staff, the Solution Architect sets the company’s overall technical direction.
Reporting directly to the Head of Product Development the Solution Architect will be an integral part of the team, working side-by-side with senior technical staff and will be able to develop strong relationships with our customers and shareholder’s technical teams and Architecture Offices.
The expectation is that the Solution Architect will design the solution architecture required to provide the capability to meet the business requirements. The Solution Architect will also provide guidance and direction to enable the team to deal with technical risks and issues as they arise during the normal course of delivery and sets the company’s overall technical direction.
Overall Role Purpose
- Design conceptual/logical/physical solution architecture providing the capability to enable business functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ensure the solution architecture takes into account the following architectural domains; application, data, business (business architecture and process design) and technology.
- Include in the solution architecture design the organisation’s policies, principles, standards and reference architecture.
- Lead activities to further define and improve the future state and develop plans and roadmaps for an orderly transition towards the future-state vision.
- Identify and work with the development team to adopt product-wide architectural best practices and ensure consistency in implementation around scalability, availability, extensibility, and performance.
- Develop options, lead discussions, make recommendations and facilitate decisions which balance competing positions, perspectives and constituencies.
- Assist in establishing preliminary project/program development schedules.
- Advise, guide and oversee the implementation and improvement of solution architectures.
- Maintain and update solution architectures to ensure alignment with the business goals, directions and initiatives.
- Ensures that regulatory and compliance requirements are met.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of a broad range of architectural concepts, applications, information, middleware, security and infrastructure. Knows technology trends and their applicability to business. Has extensive knowledge of IT capabilities, covering current and emerging technologies.
- Leads and guides the technical team including domain architects responsible for the individual architectural domains.
- The technical expert responsible for ensuring there are no gaps or inconsistencies in the solution architecture and that none emerge as the system is designed, built, and/or enhanced over time.
- Ensures the technical integrity and quality of the solution architecture.
- Assists the technical team to determine the architectural approach, scope, deliverables, schedule, and cost to implement or improve the solution architecture.
Outputs and Deliverables
- Conceptual/logical/physical solution architectures
- Architectural decisions
- Solution implementation strategy
- Technical risk and issue management
Qualifications - Essential
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Candidate should have at least 12-15 years of experience in the IT industry with the last 5 years working in the role of a Solution Architect.
- Systems or application development experience (7 years).
- Functional and systems modeling (5 years).
- Systems integration experience (5 years).
- Demonstrated experience in developing solution architectures in organisations with complex heterogeneous IT environments.
- Highly effective communication skills in particular an ability to explain complex architectural issues and concepts to IT Management and/or senior business stakeholders. Demonstrated experience in doing this.
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and emerging leading practices in this area.
- Broad application architecture domain experience including Commercial of the Shelf (COTS).
- Extensive experience in integration architecture.
- Experience and understanding of the usage of modelling tools (e.g. ARIS, Rational etc.) to support Solution Architecture and in the context of model based software engineering.
- Experience and understanding of Enterprise Architecture concepts, framework and methodologies (e.g. TOGAF 9, Zachman, Gartner).
- Experience in establishing, leading or working with Design Authorities and Architecture Offices.
- SDLC - Strong knowledge of leading Solution Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) frameworks and processes with a good understanding of the architecturally significant touch-points between the system development lifecycle and an Enterprise Architecture framework as it applied to solution delivery. Understanding of SLDC and software engineering interrelationships.
- Architecture formal training and certification (e.g. TOGAF 9, Zachman, Gartner).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, in English, both orally and in writing
- Ability to facilitate resolution of issues
- Ability to provide leadership, with the ability to coach and mentor team partners
- Ability to think in broad strategic terms for technology and business
- Ability to interact with senior management and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to excel in a highly matrixed environment; ability to influence others without relying on direct reporting relationships
- Possesses a broad understanding of Information Technology (IT) Service Delivery and can effectively represent IT to business customers
Availability to travel across Europe up to 20% of time is required. This position is based in Berlin.
If you can find yourself in the above described profile, please forward us your application!
We are looking forward to meet you! We will offer you an international team, fair salary level + benefits, free public transportation in Berlin, free water, fruits and coffee.
APPLY ONLINE: http://bit.ly/1TzNapA