Supply Chain Associate (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: März 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
So who are we?
We’re Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States and we’ve made Berlin our new European Headquarters! Are you a startup enthusiast and ready to join one of Berlin’s fastest growing international companies?
Join us at Wayfair where we are a zillions things home, together with our other brands AllModern and Joss&Main. Wayfair was selected by Glassdoor as a top company to work for and #16 on the Forbes most promising companies. Our company was founded in 2002 and grows at >50% a year. Wayfair has ambitious plans to triple our global business over the next 3-5 years and investments in our International markets are a big part of the global strategy. We are currently targeting over 100% growth rates in Europe. Here at Wayfair we’re never done, we like transparency and are ‘go to’ people. If that sounds interesting to you then keep on reading!!
We are looking to hire a business minded Supply Chain Associate to join our Berlin Operations Team. You will be working as a Damage, Defective and Faulty items Specialist, responsible for driving down incidents reported by customers. The role requires you to identify opportunities and facilitate implementation of solutions for high risk product classes (lighting, mirrors, furniture, etc.). The job will include direct access to product through supplier warehouse and carrier hub visits, consulting with them to improve damage rates, missing parts, lost in transits and other problems. As a result flexible problem solving, ability to build relationships and excellent communication skills are a must. With thousands of unique products shipping every week and an ambitious logistics transformation underway, this is a great opportunity to make a significant difference to our business.
As a Supply Chain Associate you
- Analyze data to identify trends and root causes of problems and recommending solutions to implement
- Negotiate packaging and operational improvements with our suppliers and carriers to increase profitability and customer satisfaction
- Direct and support suppliers through packaging redesign/improvement process
- Develop and manage relationships with suppliers and carriers in order to achieve operational goals
- Manage suppliers’ incidence performances and monitor changes implemented
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes which make our team and suppliers more efficient (and effective)
- Work cross functionally with groups company-wide, including Category Management, Account Operations, Buyers and Logistics
- Build and maintain industry expertise in the areas of logistics, packaging, supply chain efficiency/quality – particularly as it pertains to home retail
Who Wayfair is looking for
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years supply chain experience
- Fluent in German and English, one additional major European language a plus
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Direct Dispatch / Drop Ship and Transshipment
- Strong negotiation skills. Ability to speak confidently about Wayfair and our business needs to external contacts at a senior level
- Well-developed written/verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt communication strategies effectively depending on audience
- Strong project management and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Enthusiastic, quick learner with proven ability to rapidly get up to speed with job knowledge
- Proficient in use of MS Office programs. Experience with SQL advantageous but not essential
And finally, our proposition to you!
Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- An awesome, multinational team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Career path guidance
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in ecommerce
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.