System Administrator (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: März 2015
Our brand WeltSparen is the leading online marketplace for fixed term deposits and is growing rapidly. Our partner banks from all over Europe offer significantly better interest rates and we have already attracted several thousand customers. WeltSparen is backed by Index Ventures, one of the most successful European venture capital firms, and supported by thought-leading board members of banks and top management consultants.
We offer working in a fast-paced and learning-orientated environment right in the heart of Berlin. You will take full responsibility of your tasks from day one and work in a relaxed and fun atmosphere. We are an experienced, ambitious and international team with a great spirit. If you are looking for a challenge in a fast-growing start-up – we look forward to your application as
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (MALE/FEMALE)
In this position you will be responsible for all aspects of network and system administration including servers, desktop systems, communication hardware/software and office systems.
- You operate and monitor Java and Perl-based web applications (Online Banking, OTRS) on Linux servers (RHEL, Tomcat, Apache) managed by a managed hosting provider.
- You operate and monitor Wordpress and PHP-based public web sites and applications on Linux servers (Ubuntu, Nginx, varnish) hosted on AWS.
- You manage MySQL databases and database replications.
- You deploy software releases on our server systems.
- You design, organize, modify, install, and support desktop (Windows, OSX) hardware, software packages, applications and office infrastructure (network, WiFi, telephone system).
- You monitor networks and systems to ensure security and availability.
- You analyze, troubleshoot and solve issues in the daily operation of our IT landscape (server and office).
We are looking for
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science or related degree, or a combination of education, training, and significant work experience.
- Proven knowledge of Linux-based server systems, MySQL, and AWS.
- Experience with computer and network operations and maintenance, Microsoft Windows/Office, OSX and Internet applications, wireless technologies and desktop products.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and tasks simultaneously.
- A self-organized personality with analytic and conceptual skills.
- A team player, very good in English and ideally in German.
- Flexibility in your working hours. Occasionally working at evening or on weekends.
Do you see yourself in this role? Then get in touch!
Please send your application incl. CV and possible start date to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Berlin, March 2015