System Administrator (m/f) in Berlin
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: August 2012
NumberFour is a technology start-up with a simple mission: Helping to run YOUR business.
Using NumberFour, YOUR business has the business tools, controls and intelligence at hand that will rival those of large corporations – fast, easy, and affordable. Small businesses with less than 20 employees make up 90% of all businesses globally, thus, they are the back-bone of the world economy. NumberFour believes that by providing tailored online software and support to these small companies, we will finally lead them into a new IT generation.
With our headquarter located in the heart of Berlin, Germany, offices in Hamburg, Germany and Palo Alto, CA, NumberFour is the latest venture of successful entrepreneur Marco Boerries. NumberFour builds on the foundation laid by Marco’s previous products: OpenOffice (office suite), StarMoney (finance management), and Yahoo! Go (mobile internet). We are building an open platform for business application development that will create a new ecosystem for verticalized, innovative business applications.
NumberFour is looking for a dedicated system administrator to keep our systems up and running.
- Internal network setup (internal DNS, routers/switches, VPN, WiFi, DSL, printers, etc.)
- Internal IT support (user administration, Mac/Windows/Linux laptop setup/reset and backup, setup/maintenance/backup VMs, etc.)
- Configuration for tools (Google Apps, Jira Studio, GitHub, Hudson/Jenkins, Nexus)
- Inventory hard- and software
- Software licences management
- Setup and maintenance of server and network hardware
- Installation, upgrade and administration of Linux on our server machines
- Setup and maintenance of an internal monitoring system
- Use backup and recovery best practices to ensure critical systems are protected from data loss.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Qualified IT-specialist
- 2+ years experience in system administration
- Strong experience with MacOS X Lion
- Experience with current Windows and Linux operating systems
- In-depth knowledge of network topology and security
- Experience with server virtualization technology such as kvm
- Experience in cloud operations is a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail with an appreciation for the relationship between system reliability and company success
- Ability to work independently
- Very good English communication skills
- A helpful and pleasant personality
- Your smartphone, MacBook Pro and 27″ Cinema Display are waiting for you!
- Additionally you can participate in the success of the company via company stock options!
- At NumberFour you will work as part of an international team with offices in Berlin, Hamburg and Palo Alto, CA, USA!
- You will be working in one of the hottest Start-ups with world class Management Team and investors!
- You will have the possibility of working on a product targeting millions of users worldwide, a product that has never been done before!