System Administrator (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juli 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
MONOQI is the online destination for hand-picked design. Founded by Simon Fabich and Felix Schlegel in 2012, the Berlin-based company collects hard-to-find and limited edition design products, making them available for a short time on MONOQI.com. Now operating with a staff of more than 100 employees, MONOQI's international scouting team searches the globe for the best contemporary design, making strong curatorial selections for the company's growing customer base.
This position offers a wide range of responsibilities in all areas of IT administration. We are looking for a well experienced team member, who is able to handle all IT related company-internal matters. At the same time we offer the possibility to further develop yourself towards hosting and operation of web applications, gradually becoming an integral part of our development team.
About what you'll be working on
- Maintain and optimize the in-house infrastructure of our office and photo studio (network, printers, VoIP, workplaces)
- Give 1st and 2nd level support for our employees (troubleshooting, workplace installation)
- Establish and maintain sustainable, well documented IT related processes (security, on/offboarding, account management, backups, inventory, purchasing)
- Be in direct contact with our technical partners to fix problems and to optimize our infrastructure (ISP, hosting, hardware providers)
- Manage the operation of several internally used systems hosted on AWS and at our Berlin-based hosting partner (mainly Linux, some Windows)
- Gradually support our development team with the hosting and operation of our shop platform (nginx, PHP, MySql, memcached, Redis, ELK)
What you'll bring to the team
- Strong experience in handling any IT related aspect of a 100+ people organization
- Responsible and highly reliable
- Open and supportive attitude, proactive and structured approach to tasks, strong communication skills towards technical and non-technical persons
- In-depth knowledge of network management and configuration (Edge, Cisco, Ubiquity, VLAN, VPN, Synology NAS)
- Strong experience in Linux administration incl. web server configuration (iptables, cron, ssh, bash, dns, ssl, nginx)
- Experience with AWS (Route53, EC2, S3, RDS required, any other service is a plus)
- Experience in maintaining Windows and MacOS work stations
- Experience in LAMP / Magento configuration and optimization is a big plus
- Experience or strong interest in web application infrastructure, hosting and operation is a big plus
- Experience with Windows server management is a plus (Navision, Remote Desktop, MSSQL, Active Directory)
What do we offer
- A challenging, self-motivated position in a rapidly growing design company
- The opportunity for professional and personal development in a dynamic, international environment
- Fair, competitive, and performance-based compensation along with a special employee discount on all products offered in our online selection
- Open channels of communication, transparent decision-making, and quick decisions and results
- Yoga classes
- A comfortable, modern office in Berlin-Mitte
Join the MONOQI team!
We look forward to receiving your application!