System Engineer (Linux) (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: August 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
OUTFITTERY is Germany’s biggest Personal Shopping Service and we have a clear mission: Rescue men from the torture of shopping!
Be part of our team and support our company on the way to even greater success.
Outfittery is seeking talented engineers to innovate, develop, and operate the next generation of Outfitterie’s External Infrastructure. Exceptional engineers with expertise in server- orchestration, -monitoring, -security, -storage, open source technologies are being sought.
Individuals will join a team of talented passionate engineers engaged in building mission critical business and engineering infrastructure.
The work environment is flexible, very rapid paced, and highly dynamic. Innovative approaches in architecture, technology, infrastructure, problem solving and operations will be required.
This position is a full time position based in the Heart of Berlin, requires no travel, and is simply the most fun you will ever have.
- You build, scale, and secure our infrastructure, focusing specifically on the Linux environment
- You implement VPNs, mailing systems, FTP, Backup and storage
- You are responsible for further developing our server environment
- You patch and update our patch management
- You establish and monitor existing infrastructure with zabbix
- You orchestrate servers with saltstack
- You set up an internal network and security for 500+ devices
- You are the final escalation point for issues related to IT Linux systems and support our employees
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- You have more than 2 years system administration experience working in a Linux environment:
- Designing and maintaining build systems and test lab infrastructure
- Configuration management and automation tools, e.g. saltstack / puppets
- Monitoring systems, including Nagios, Zabbix
- Continuous integration tools - experience with Atlassian tools is a plus
- System administration of systems running Unix/Linux, Windows and Xen, VMWare
- Database management and configuration: Oracle, MySql, PostgreSql
- Scripting languages: perl, shell scripting or python
- You have good knowledge in MySQL, web and mail server
- You are passionate about operating systems internals, performance, distributed systems, embedded systems and computer networks
- You are well experienced in the setup of IT infrastructure
- You are result oriented and can work independently in a deadline driven environment
- You can be successful working with development teams in multiple locations
- You speak English fluently, knowledge in German is a plus
- You have sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything
- An exciting workplace in a dynamic and motivated team with low hierarchies
- A dynamic company with short and efficient decision making processes
- Air, love, life and work in the Berlin Startup-Scene
Intrigued? Then send your application to the e-mail adress shown in the green box "Kontaktinformation anzeigen" with your possible starting date. Your contact person is Iris Hay.