System Engineer Web (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: April 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for candidates to fill a System Engineer Web (m/f) position. This position focuses on building and improving the corner-stones of our hardware platform and maintaining our infrastructure both in our headquarter and the data center (in collaboration with our hosting company).
You will be part of a creative IT team with an inspiring working atmosphere, space for your ideas, support from your peers, and guidance from your experienced team leads. Being part of our internatonal development team and working on our ambitious web project also means expanding your IT skills in new ways.
You are versed in current technologies
- Linux with high-availability,
- common webserver, proxy systems, application server, e.g. Apache, Tomcat, Jetty, Varnish, Nginx,
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, or NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis,
- experience in SoIR good to have,
- monitoring system such as Nagios,
- PHP, Java and/or Python,
- infrastructure-automation with Puppet, Chef, Docker,
- network- and firewall infrastructure
Ideally, you have already made an essential contribution to large web projects and you have first-class knowledge of architectures and technologies for high-performance websites.Additionally, you are interested in performance tuning, network technologies and IT and web application security. Good ITIL knowledge and experience in an internet agency or a managed service provider is an advantage.
You will be working on following topics
- analysis of existing IT architectures
- conception and implementation of automation measures in our IT infrastructure (development and production)
- discussion and implementation of new system architectures for complex web projects
- administration and operating of high performance websites
- installation and configuration of IT systems
- establishing a team
itembase is a young E-commerce start-up that builds a personal online inventory of everything. Since 2011, we have been using the latest technologies to automatically process receipts and display items, along with warranties, manuals, and invoices… so that our 300,000+ users get to spend more time with their friends and family. We also deliver analytics and similar services to business customers.
Compensation and benefits
- competitive compensation (tba) & several employee benefits,
- smooth onboarding/relocation process,
- innovative technologies and attractive (programming) languages,
- open-minded, friendly, international colleagues,
- inspiring office located in the most vibrant area of Berlin,
- developers’ coffee collective provides freshly ground fair-trade coffee (don’t fret, there is Club-Mate, alternatively).