Systems Administrator / Devops Engineer (m/f)
Kreditech SSL GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Mai 2014
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in ohne Personalverantwortung
Are you a Systems Engineer looking for a new opportunity?
Do you have a passion for emerging technology and Big Data?
Do you want to work in an international environment in Hamburg?
Kreditech is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer / Dev Ops Engineer to support its tech teams in creating and developing secure systems and applications to handle its data. We invite you to join our team and be part of an exciting new venture!
Kreditech is the DIGITAL LENDING company which provides easy, fast access to online loans to consumers worldwide through its web and mobile services. The convenient & fast consumer services are backed by a sophisticated credit scoring process using the powers of machine learning algorithms and big data infrastructure. 90 coworkers in Hamburg, more than 100 worldwide, make this happen. We’re a close team of creative, brilliant individuals from over thirty countries all over the world, working with cutting-edge technology to create a global leader in 21st century, DIGITAL LENDING. Sounds like a dream? It gets better. Kreditech is a place of innovation, speed, high growth, high performance, and high reward. We don’t follow tradition, we write our own rules, and we bring in the best people to build up the team. If you want to be a part of this, here is your chance.
Your role at Kreditech
- You will work with our Senior Systems Administrator to cover all bases in Kreditech’s infrastructure
- You will administer and develop core aspects of Kreditech's cloud-based infrastructure
- You will manage distributed computing capacities for big data applications (using ELBs + High CPU instances)
- Setup central configuration management (Chef / Puppet)
- You will determine capacity management and scale-planning
- Work closely together with the development team and risk department
- Insure the security of Kreditech's systems and data
- Automate repetitive tasks required to maintain a secure and up to date operational environment.
- Analyse business requirements, designs and implement solutions
- Prepare documentation including Statements of Work & Status Reports
- Define project requirements
- Designing and supporting server farms across multiple data centers and locations with thousands of servers in a UNIX / Linux environment
- Design engineering of systems and platforms, using internal architecture structures
- Troubleshoot large server farm environments using common toolsets, protocols etc.
- You have a at least 5 years' experience working as a systems engineer
- A strong understanding of web technologies, including PHP and Java, and SQL/noSQL databases, including PostgreSQL and MongoDB, Json, XML (minimum 2 years)
- Solid experience with layer 2 & 3 network operations and network technologies
- Experience in Virtualization Hypervisors like VMware, Xen, KVM, Qemu, Hyper-V
- Knowledge in some of the following internet protocols: HTTP, SSL, DNS etc.
- You have experience with Windows/UNIX/Linux Operating environments and ideally integration with others
- You are able to work in a dynamic rapidly changing work environment
- You speak good English or German
- A CCNA certification would be a plus
In addition to these hard skills, we are looking for someone who has a good sense of humor, an ability to communicate well and interact with a diverse international team, and who is willing to put in the time needed to get the job done.
If this sounds like you please apply through the jobvite link provided here:https://hire.jobvite.com/j?aj=oajXYfw8&s=gruenderszene
As the position is based in Hamburg, Kreditech is considering only those applicants with a work visa valid in the EU. If this sounds like you, we would love a chance to talk with you! We welcome your application in German or English.