Business Development Manager (m/f)
Business Development Projektmanagement
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Oktober 2017
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
What we do – tacterion is a high-tech startup based in Munich and was founded in 2015 as a spin-off of the German Aerospace Center (DLR). tacterion develops and markets a unique sensor technology called sensorskin. sensorskin is a highly flexible sensory layer that measures interaction and pressure on any surface. This patented technology was originally developed for robotics and provides the sense of touch for products and machines. tacterion’s sensitive surface layers enable the next generation of truly interactive and responsive products.
Why we need you – World-leading companies approach us to integrate our sensor technology into their products. Since the market demand for our technology is very high, we are looking for someone who manages our incoming leads, customer presentations and offers to achieve the full business potential of our technology. We believe that tacterion’s sensorskin technology can bring the sense of touch to products we have not even thought of. With your analytical skills and business sense, you will help analyze exciting use-cases for sensorskin solutions from different perspectives and prioritize our collaboration opportunities. Your experience and customer-oriented thinking will be key in shaping tacterion’s customer journey.
What to expect – As Business Development Manager, you will work closely with our founders in managing all customer leads. In many cases, you will be the first point of contact for our customers. In this position, you have to satisfy the information needs of our customers and ensure that their customer journey is as smooth as possible. Taking over the responsibility for our sales funnel and managing our CRM tool requires an in-depth understanding of sensorskin’s potential use-cases and the kind of product innovations that it can enable. This includes developing a strong lead to market understanding for our technology and the solutions of our customers. You will support and attend our business representations at the best industry events to present tacterion’s technology. Although this is not a sales role, your outgoing attitude will help to naturally fuel tacterion’s sales pipeline. Together with the founders, you will define the best business models to bring sensorskin to a large number of industries. With the help of your insights, we will decide which markets and customers are most attractive for tacterion.
Your profile in short
- Minimum 1+ years of professional industry experience in customer-facing positions
- Strong analytical skills, a solid business sense, and keen on interacting with customers
- Solid understanding of tech, confident in keeping track of multiple projects
- Background in (industrial) management, business development, consulting or similar
- Fluent in German and English, strong entrepreneurial attitude, and ready to travel
Why you will love tacterion
We offer creative talent a work environment where they unleash their full potential and grow as a person. With an eight-digit investment to fuel our growth over the upcoming years, we offer the mindset of a dynamic high-tech startup combined with the financial strength and long-term commitment you would expect from your employer.
- Opportunity to shape tacterion’s customer journey and go-to-market strategy
- Insights into the development of innovative products across a variety of industries
- Interdisciplinary and motivated team with a love for tough technical challenges
- Full-time position with a competitive salary and the typical perks of startups