Frontend Engineer (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Januar 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
AXA Winterthur and Tamedia are joining forces, combining the capabilities of AXA Winterthur in the field of insurance, mobility and financing and Tamedia's know-how in classifieds and its market coverage.
With autoricardo.ch, Tamedia operates one of the leading motor portals in Switzerland. AXA Winterthur is the number one in the Swiss insurance market with comprehensive solutions in personal, property, liability and life insurance as well as in healthcare and occupational pension plans. The two companies intend to use their individual strengths to develop a forward-looking business model and offer innovative, up-to-date solutions relating to mobility.
For the development of this new business model we are looking for makers for our engineering team. We believe in continuous improvement, clean code, simple design, speed, scalability. We need strong engineers who can join most projects and push innovation forward.
- Collaborate with User Experience designers, Product Managers and other Software Engineers to implement our web apps and user interfaces
- Build efficient and maintainable Frontend systems and libraries
- Identify and solve performance issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Share best practices with others and help establish engineering standards
Qualifications and experience
- Strong grasp of HTML, CSS and related web technologies as well as the debugging tools in the browser
- Familiarity with node.js or other server-side web frameworks
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Understanding of responsive design challenges and how to address them
- Good understanding of API driven application architectures and its implications
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations, especially on mobile
- Understanding of Linux basics, Docker/containers, continuous deployment and testing, monitoring etc.