Team & Executive Assistant (m/f)
Lesson Nine GmbH
Beginn: November 2014
We are looking for a team and executive assistant in engineering (m/f) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing fast while shaping the future of learning.
Our engineering & product departments consists of combined about 50 engineers, product owners, designers that work closely together in cross-functional, agile teams to develop the next generation of language learning on all platforms.
In your role as the team & executive assistant Engineering, you will work with the team as well as directly with the VP Engineering, our Agile Coaches and ScrumMasters to help build up and run our growing engineering department.
Your responsibilities will include
- Drive engineering communication (blog articles, newsletters, project communication, presentations, visualization)
- Conducting department meetings and workshops (prepare, setup, document, follow-up)
- Organize of internal and external events such as Hack Days, Team Events, Brown Bag Sessions, Job Fairs, Meet-Ups
- Professionalize knowledge management - organize and grow the department wikis on confluence
- Identify small and big improvements to our work environment and work with our office managers to implement them
- Help streamline and document engineering and product processes
- Help establish new internal tools and workflows as needed
- Assist in recruiting for future engineering employees and ease on-boarding
- Assist VP Engineering in executive matters (calendar management, presentations, follow-ups, meetings)
- prior work experience in similar setting (startups, SMB or other high-growth environments)
- superior self- and team organization skills
- excellent English skills - both in writing as well as speaking (German optional)
- analytical mindset and ability to communicate complex matters in a structured way
- proactive and self-reliant - you work independantly to achieve goals and only ask for help if needed
- extremely reliable and committed to deliver high-quality work
- strong interest in the fast-paced internet and start-up industry
- interest in engineering & product management processes
- BONUS: project management experience in any field
- BONUS: experience as executive assistant
We are looking for passionate, self-driven individuals who want to make a difference. Thus we are interested in information/links to any work or projects you have done outside your daily routine.
- Vast learning experience with deep exposure to engineering in a startup-environment
- Direct, daily interactions with senior management (VP engineering, Director Product) and Agile Coaches and ScrumMasters
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hackdays, technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (company bike, fresh fruits, free drinks and more)