Team & Executive Assistant (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: August 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We are currently looking for a Team and Executive Assistant in our Engineering Department (m / f, full time) to start As Soon As Possible in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7,000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing almost while Shaping the Future of Learning.
Our Engineering & Product Department consist of about 60 engineers, product owners and designers that work closely together in cross-functional, agile teams to develop the next generation of language learning on all platforms.
In your role as the Team & Executive Assistant Engineering, you will work with the team as well as Directly With The VP Engineering, Engineering heads, our agile coaches and ScrumMaster to help build up and run our growing engineering department.
Your responsibilities will include
- Drive Engineering Communication (blog articles, newsletters, project communication, presentations, visualization)
- Conduct department meetings and workshops (preparations, Setup, Documentation, followup)
- Organize internal and external events: such as hack days, team events, brown bag sessions, job fairs and Meetups
- Professionalize Knowledge Management - organize and grow the department Confluence wikis on
- Identify small and big improvements to our work environment and colaborate with our office manager to implement them
- Help Streamline and document engineering and product processes
- Help establish new internal tools and workflows as needed
- Assist in recruiting for future Engineering Employees
- Assist VP Engineering in executive matters (calendar management, presentations, followups, meetings)
- Prior work experience in similar setting (startups or other high-growth environments)
- superior self- and team organization skills
- Excellent English skills - Both in writing as well as speaking (good command of German is a definite plus)
- Analytical mindset and ability to communicate complex matters in a structured way
- Proactive and self-reliant - you work to achieve goals Independently and only ask for help if needed
- extremely reliable and committed to deliver high-quality work
- strong interest in the fast-paced Internet and start-up industry
- Interest in Engineering & Product Management Processes
- BONUS: Project Management experience in any field
- BONUS: experience as executive assistant
- BONUS: prior event management experience in Berlin
We are looking for passionate, self-driven individuals who want to make a difference. THUS we are interested in information / links to any work or projects you have done outside your daily routine.
- Vast learning experience with Deep Exposure to engineering in a startup environment
- Direct, daily interactions with senior management (VP Engineering, Director of Product) and agile coaches and scrum master
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hack days and Technology brown bag sessions
- A lively atmosphere with startup flexible working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different countries
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of Berlin
- Great company benefits (company bike, fresh fruits, free drinks and more)