Technical Marketing Engineer (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Mai 2015
Be part of a very fast growing open-source technology in the Big Data and real-time data processing space. We are looking for a technical marketing engineer who can think hard about large-scale distributed systems, and how to document and explain those to the public through websites, slide sets, and tutorials.
We are a VC-funded open-source software company that is developing the next-generation technology for data processing. We are the initial developers of Apache Flink (flink.apache.org), a top-level project of the Apache Software Foundation with a community of over 100 contributors from industry and academia. We are committed to developing Flink as 100% open source.
We need you to help us articulate and spread the word about Apache Flink and our products to the world. We are looking for an engineer that gets excited about writing and talking about software as much as about developing it. You are deeply technical, but you also have a natural charisma, excellent communication skills, and good taste. You can make things look easy, and you can get people excited about your work.
This is a very all-rounder position that involves thinking hard about large-scale computing systems, and how to document and explain these concepts to the public through websites, slide sets, and tutorials.
Depending on the profile, the position may also involve organizing and speaking at meetups and conferences, talking to customers, as well as contributing to Apache Flink and other open source projects when applicable.
This is a unique opportunity to help shape a fast-growing company and open source project together with an incredible technical team.
- Intermediate Java programming experience and intermediate/beginner Scala or Python programming experience
- Experience with data analysis either using open source Big Data platforms and/or statistical tools like R, SPSS, or others
- Some website building skills (wordpress, jekyll)
- Technical writing skills, experience in writing documentation, blog posts, white papers
- Experience with public speaking nice to have
- will offer you freedom on how you implement your mission and the resources to do that
- will treat you as an equal part of the team, we operate on a flat structure
- will give you the opportunity to publicly talk about your work and travel
- offer above-average salary, attractive stock options, and a beautiful workplace in Kreuzberg overlooking the canal
Apply at email@example.com by telling us why you want to work with us and attach your resume/CV. Do not send a cover letter or copies of certificates.