Head of Finance and Operations (m/f)
The DO School
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: April 2018
Berufserfahrung: Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
Let’s DO it together.
Join the DO School in our mission to make Good Business a reality.
The world today confronts us with many challenges. But when great ideas are brought to life through entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, and implementation skills, we can make a real difference. In the world of business—and in the world at large.
The DO School is an award-winning social enterprise that believes good business is the best solution to the world’s biggest challenges.
Partnering with visionary companies on problems that can’t be solved the usual way, the DO School curates entrepreneurial teams around diversity, expertise and passion for the topic, empowering talented individuals to turn their ideas into action.
Working together, company and team innovate and implement high-impact solutions while honing the skills to build a better world.
What you would DO
As part of a maternity cover role, your mission will be to spearhead the financial and operational management of the DO School – a globally expanding start-up. This involves current financial management, overall operational responsibility as well as the continuous improvement of processes and governance. This role has potential for extension and continuation to permanency.
As the key team member to run and further develop the financial management you will be responsible for:
Financial planning: support the strategic decision making and planning by providing yearly budgets, monthly forecasts and bi-monthly liquidity plans.
- Financial management: oversee all running controlling process and cash management, including bedding down of the use of DATEV. Provide monthly reports for management and shareholders.
- Innovation: Take on strategic innovation projects with regard to the business case and beyond in direct collaboration with the founders
- Governance: manage the governance requirements the DO School has in Europe, the US and Asia, including board, legal and shareholder requirements.
- Operations: Run and continuously improve all our operations including IT, legal, administration, and assistance to the founders
- Campus management: Our home in Berlin is a place of inspiration and a platform for people from around the world to meet. You are responsible to further develop that spirit and manage the space as well as oversee the work of our campus host
- HR: Support the founders with developing and managing an exciting international team, including direct responsibility for recruitment processes and overall HR management
- Team: Directly manage, support and further the development of a team of three staff members
- Projects: Take on strategic projects that relate to the future of the organization
- Minimum 5+ years experience in similar roles within start-ups or small businesses
- Good knowledge and understanding of the financial management as well as tax requirements of German GmbHs (and gGmbH)
- Entrepreneurial spirit: you are keen to develop your field of responsibility and strive towards excellency
- Experience with relevant software tools (DATEV etc.)
- You are excited to combine hands-on tasks with more strategic work on planning and implementing processes and projects
- You have some experience in working with and preparing contracts together with lawyers
- You are an open and friendly person that can nourish and further develop an organizational culture
- You are fluent in both German and English
What’s in it for you
- The chance to become crucial in growing one of the most exciting innovation and education initiatives in the world.
- The chance to continuously create and try out ground breaking new ideas
- The opportunity to collaborate and learn from your peers as well as our team of internationally renowned experts
- An entrepreneurial, creative and international team
- An environment in which self-development is encouraged
- A high level of responsibility
- A workplace that offers tangible world impact and the chance to actually get stuff done
We look forward to your application to become part of our DO School team! Our application process is always online, so please submit your application through our application portal
This will be a rolling application process.
If you have any questions about the application process or the job description, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal opportunity employer
The DO School provides equal employment opportunities to all people, without discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, marital status, disability or sexual orientation.