Tools Developer (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Mai 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We’re looking for a superstar tools developer with a passion for games, development and new technology.
Your role within our great Kingdom
If you want to create amazing software tools to support the business to move faster and more efficiently; this is the job for you. You will be part of a highly competent team in the creation of various tools to support our internal organization, not only delivering high quality and well-structured code but doing so with a user’s point of view.
We know that the continued success of King depends on preserving the amazing culture we have, so ‘fit’ is extremely important. We work in small, collaborative Scrum teams where everyone is involved in coming up with great features and ownership of the outcome is key.
We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward. We are sociable and fun, and we like to hang out together. We are passionate, some might even say quirky, and while we love what we do, our lives are about more than work. We love games, and are obsessed with creating the best player experience.
We are currently looking for two tools programmers with slightly different experiences.
Skills to create thrills - A
Experience with developing complex data grids / table controls
Skills to create thrills - B
You can write Python, C++ and have experience with the Qt library
Skills to create thrills - Shared
- Experience with interfacing with version control systems (git, mercurial, …)
- Very focused on usability, maintainability and quality, building for the long term
- A comfortable people person, able to make non-technical users feel at ease
- Able to see a user experience from the user's point of view, and craft UIs to make their lives easier
- Experience with developing for Windows and Mac
- A curious and fast learner who keeps up to date with changing technologies
- A team player that likes to discuss solutions and ideas.
- Have a positive attitude to change and likes working in an open landscape environment
Tasty bonus skills
- Have previous experience as a tools engineer
- Experience with developing games
- Have played and enjoyed our games
- Experience with working with backend systems
We’re knights of creativity!
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments.
We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative. That’s why we call ourselves developers of magic and knights of creativity!
Want to join our Kingdom?
If you are interested, please go to jobs.king.com and apply! Application must be in English.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent.