Lead Full Stack Developer (m/f) - Java Script
Tracks UG at innogy Innovation Hub
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juni 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Tracks will be one of the first platooning service providers in the world. Our services will help make trucking safer, cleaner, more efficient, and fair. Do you want to join our team and help us make trucking better for everyone?
Platooning is when two or more trucks drive very closely in each other's slipstreams to reduce wind resistance. It also reduces fuel consumption, CO₂ emissions, accident rates, and roadway congestion.
Platooning will boost the profitability of road freight carriers, but it is complicated and carries a large coordination cost. Tracks will generate revenue by absorbing the road freight carriers’ complexity and coordination costs for a fee.
Our services will facilitate real-time matchmaking among platoon-capable trucks, credible context-aware fuel benchmarking, and balancing financial transactions to share the benefits fairly among platoon participants.
We have received pre-seed VC funding and EU grants, we are looking to raise a seed round in the spring of 2019.
Our ambition is to nurture a culture of performance, empowerment, and ownership. We will value your integrity, transparency, inquisitiveness, and your bias towards action.
Role and Expectations
- You will be our first hire and complete the core of an entrepreneurial team that is dedicated to building a world class platooning service from scratch. We expect you to grow in your role as our company grows larger
- In your role, you will take full technical ownership of the core product and architecture. You should be ready to make strategic decisions about our technologies, tools, processes, and a growing team of developers collaborating with you
- We expect you to be very hands-on and to directly contribute. You will also own deployments, code management, standards, and quality control
- We expect you to solve complex technical challenges that stem from architecting, developing, and launching one of the first platooning services globally. Your back-end development experience will be valuable in this role
- You will help us attract, select, and hire a small team of developers. We expect that you can comfortably and confidently support your growing team with leadership, technical guidance, and coaching
- We expect you to challenge your team to continue their professional and personal growth. We will challenge you to do so yourself as well
- You have several years' professional experience designing, developing, testing, and launching software as part of a team
- You have experience leading and guiding in-house developers to deliver high quality work on time, on budget, and to specifications
- You have experience working with external agencies/vendors and integrating their work into your products
- You have significant, direct experience working with REACT, Node.JS, Docker, micro services, and serverless architectures
- You have first-hand experience with MongoDB, PostGreSQL, and ETL
- You have worked in environments employing Agile methodologies, DevOps, and CI/CD. You have the experience required to help define our flow and ways of working
- You have an interest in telematics and vehicle data, IoT, distributed systems, and machine learning
- You have fluent or near fluent English proficiency. An additional European language is a plus
- You are in (or willing to relocate to) Berlin, Germany. You are legally allowed to work here
- Your salary and equity compensation will be commensurate with your experience
- You will have direct, early, and meaningful impact on the strategic and operational decisions we are making
- You will have the opportunity to help build and nurture an excellent team of developers
- You will work on a project that will make a significant, positive impact on our planet by reducing fuel consumption, CO₂ emissions, accident rates, and roadway congestion
We will be structuring our hiring process in five steps:
- You submit your application and CV
- We meet for a non-technical interview about your background, achievements, and goals
- We meet for a technical interview about your solution
- We build you a compelling job offer
After each step, rejected applications will be notified and given feedback.