Trainee (m/f) Strategic Investment Management
Axel Springer Digital GmbH
Business Development Finance Operations
Beginn: Juli 2017
Axel Springer SE is one of Europe's largest media companies, employing more than 15,000 people today, Through its subsidiaries, it is active in more than 40 countries worldwide. We play an active role in shaping the future of digitization and see it as a great opportunity taking us towards becoming the leading digital publisher.
The Marketing and Classifieds division manages Axel Springer’s digital entities, which already contribute more than 75% to the corporate group’s EBITDA today. Our more than 200 units in Europe, the USA and South America include online companies that are market leaders and highly profitable, among these StepStone, Business Insider, Idealo, Zanox, aufeminin, finanzen.net, KaufDa, SeLoger and Immowelt. In addition, we are actively expanding our portfolio of early-stage investments in Europe and the US through both our assets Project A-Ventures and Axel Springer Plug & Play Accelerator, as well as through direct investments.
For Axel Springer Digital GmbH, a 100% subsidiary of Axel Springer SE, we are currently looking for talented juniors who are enthusiastic about the digital world and whose aims are just ambitious as ours.
- Support our highly professional investment team in strategic M&A-projects (due diligence, business plans, valuation, deal structuring)
- Preparing market and competitor analyses to identify both organic and anorganic growth opportunities
- Assistance in deal flow management, business intelligence, process management and in creating pitch books
- Collaboration with portfolio teams from content, marketing and classified verticals
- Support in pursuing organic growth initiatives as part of our digital strategy
- Joint development of business plans, conducting market- and competitor analyses as well as checking financial figures for both asset and target companies
- Outstanding university degree in Business Administration, Business Informatics, Media Management or any other comparable field from a leading business school
- Enthusiasm for the digital media, digital business models and value chains
- Some initial practical experience in the areas strategy consulting, venture capital, investment banking or in the role of entrepreneur in a start-up
- Good analytical skills, an entrepreneurial and conceptual mindset as well as a drive for numbers
- Willingness to perform, high professionalism and a strong team player
- Fluent in German and English, with a third language, e.g. French, being an advantage
- Very good MS-Office skills
What we offer
- An individual and varied 18-month trainee programme, including events and seminars, that is focused on digital activities and based within the Investment Management Team
- Flexibility re. rotations in varying corporate divisions and our digital units
- In-depth insights into various digital business models and the media industry
- Chance to work in portfolio companies to strengthen your operational skills
- Highly professional and cooperative corporate culture that leaves room for personal development and offers a steep learning curve
- Join a leading corporate investment management division at one of the leading digital publishers that offers promising and forward-looking business perspectives
Questions regarding this position (reference number 008400041) will be answered gladly by:
Claudia Model; email@example.com
Axel Springer Digital GmbH emphasizes equal opportunities. We welcome the applications of people with disabilities, whose integration is an important matter to us.