Trainee Product Specialist (m/f) Payment
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Dezember 2015
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 300 team members from over 28 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a recent graduate who is ready to start his product management career as a trainee in our payment systems team in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
In your role as a product specialist, you will support our payment operations and collaborate with several departments to enhance our payment system, improve our billing processes, comply to legal and finance requirements and reduce fraud rates.
Your responsibilities will include
Risk index management
Analyze payment transactions to identify and analyze suspicious fraud cases and determine strategies to prevent them.
- Monitor and further development of fraud prevention processes
- Support solution of fraud cases
- Manage disputes
Monitor billing operations and KPIs
- Analyze and define strategies to improve our daily billing operations
- Daily monitoring and processing of incoming and outgoing payments via different payment solutions (online payment systems, credit cards, SEPA)
- Processing failed payments and open claims
- Active participation in order to reach the required KPIs
- Follow-up the developed features monitoring KPIs to define how successful they are
- Evaluate compliance to legal regulations
- Keep our prices up-to-date in the different stores aligning to our pricing strategy
- Help analyze and document new requirements for the payment system
- Academic background in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or similar
- Highly structured and logical thinker
- Experience working in a business environment (can include part-time, internship, etc)
- Excellent English skills - both in writing as well as speaking (german optional)
- Proactive and self-reliant - you work independently to achieve goals and only ask for help if needed
- Reliable and committed to delivering high-quality work
- BONUS: Experience with payment partners, specifically Payment Service Provider and Fraud Solution Providers
- BONUS: Knowledge of SQL
- Vast learning experience with deep exposure to engineering, product, and marketing in a startup-environment
- Learn the practice of payment and fraud analysis for the online industry, working with the latest data technology
- Opportunity to collaborate with many different departments
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- Participate in hackdays, open-source contributions, technology brown-bags
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (High-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks, Hackathons etc.)