Trainee User Research (m/f)
Beginn: Januar 2016
Babbel is a leading online language learning service with over 14 languages available on web, mobile and Apple Watch. With 120,000 app downloads a day and 5000 new registrations per hour, we have a broad, diverse user base passionate about what they learn. We’re based in Berlin’s diverse and vibrant Kreuzberg district.
If you are passionate about researching products, users and markets and have experience doing so, we want to hear from you! You will have the opportunity to contribute significantly in refining our understanding of our audiences and their learning behavior. From day one, you'll be integrated in an experienced user research team with ample opportunity to collaborate with various other disciplines in an agile environment. You will assist with conducting research in all stages of product development and recruiting participants with the outlook of taking over more responsibility and running your own studies.
We offer fantastic opportunities to learn and evolve within a dynamic and fast-growing startup. You’ll be working on a product that improves the lives of millions of people.
- Recruit: Maintain participant pool and recruiting channels, schedule and manage participants for research studies.
- Research and analyze: Assist with running and analyzing usability tests, surveys, interviews and other research as well as conducting desk research, help with analyzing and documenting findings.
- Advocate: Document findings on our internal Wiki, promote findings and reach out to entire company through our internal blog, deliver presentations and collaborating with our internal Knowledge Management team.
- Degree in Psychology, HCI, Human Factors or related fields.
- Hands-on experience with usability testing.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodology.
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High reliability and structured way of thinking and working.
- Passion to help making technology more user-friendly.
- Strong writing, documentation, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Understanding of usability and design principles, modern web and mobile products.
- Experience working with Wikis or Content Management Systems, Questionnaire and survey software, R statistics software, MS Office, Google docs
- Very good command of verbal and written English (C1 / B2 CEFR)
- Big plus Good command of verbal and written German (C1/B2 CEFR)
- Hackdays, team events (“beer o’clock”), job shadowing, free fruits, coffee and soft drinks, free access to Babbel
- Responsibility from day one with professional and personal growth.
- Learn from a team with strong expertise in user research.
- Outlook of taking over more responsibility and running your own studies.
- Work in a truly international company with great global traction, yet still with a start-up feel in the heart of Berlin.