UI/UX Designer (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: April 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
“The Hotel Booking Industry’s Most Hated Startup”
Hotel booking platforms hate DreamCheaper for a reason: We make hotel reservations cheaper, after they've been booked.
Customers send us their existing booking confirmations and we continuously scan the market to automatically rebook for them while the booking is still refundable. In the end they'll sleep in the very same hotel room they initially booked – but pay up to 60% less!
Since last year we've been receiving a ton of international and noteworthy press and we’ve built a customer base from more than 150 countries worldwide. Currently we are working with high pressure on our big relaunch this fall.
We offer you the unique opportunity to develop your talents in a professional startup environment. Let your creative and professional skills influence and shape our business which has the potential to turn the hotel booking industry upside down and become a well known brand worldwide.
Not only we believe in DreamCheaper! Our team and vision have attracted significant funding from some of Europe's largest Venture Capitalists, such as Holtzbrinck Ventures (Zalando, Delivery Hero, HomeToGo), Global Founders Capital (Rocket Internet, Trivago, TravelBird) as well as Business Angels with strong travel experience (AirBnb, DreamLines, GetYourGuide, Kayak, Swoodoo...).
What you'll do
- Take a significant stake in enhancing our Corporate Design
- Own and manage DreamCheaper’s web, mobile and marketing-based presence
- Take responsibility for UI/UX and conversion optimization
- Manage the design process from initial mockups to deliverables
- Play a vital role in the idea-generation process
- Participate in constant design feedback rounds, providing substantial and constructive critique and striving for the highest quality across all products
- Run/manage frequent usability tests
- Support UI/UX relevant A/B tests and Quality Assurance
We are looking for self-starters who are innovative and curious, taking responsibility for the applications and systems they design and build from day one. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are open to learning new things every day.
- 2-4 years experience in UI/UX design, ideally in a startup environment
- Confident in using common design tools (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch), high-fidelity prototyping is a plus
- Required knowledge and understanding for turning your designs into HTML/CSS/JS
- Ability to manage your own projects in an agile environment
- You have well-rounded knowledge of design principles (digital and print) as well as web and mobile guidelines
- You're an excellent problem solver
- You know, love, and have strong opinions about the fundamentals of design: typography, color, composition, rhythm, and form
- You obsess over details, but can see the bigger picture
- Experience in logo, branding, and marketing design is a plus
- Language skills: English at professional proficiency, German is a plus
What you can expect
- A pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team
- Independent work in an innovative, rapidly growing company
- The possibility to take on more responsibility by creating and managing your own team in the future
- Learn from the best, also outside of our team – through our investors we have access to resources and knowledge from Rocket Internet
- An attractive salary
- Free drinks, regular team events…
And last but not least:
- Access to the world’s best hotel rates PLUS access to very attractive travel industry rates also for flights and cruises
Disrupt the entire hotel booking industry with us and send us your convincing application (resume, references and certificates) explaining what makes you special and what you’re proud of including your portfolio, your availability and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.