Corporate Development Manager (m/f)
Urban Sports GmbH
Business Development Sonstige Development
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: November 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Urban Sports Club offers a flexible sports flatrate. The mission is to help people lead a more healthy and active lifestyle. Club members can choose from 50+ activities - ranging from classic gym workout, swimming, yoga, or bouldering, to team sports and lots more - and more than 3.000 partner venues in Germany's major cities and 500 in Paris, France and 50 in Rome (Italy). Variety, flexible conditions as well as team sports and wellness are offered both for private customers and companies.
Urban Sports GmbH was founded in 2012 by Moritz Kreppel and Benjamin Roth in Berlin, Germany. After two years of bootstrapping, the company secured an early-stage financing in 2015 and went on to acquire four of its German competitors. In December 2016, the former competitor Somuchmore joined the German market leader; FITrate joined in 2018.
As a Corporate Development Manager (m/f) you are jointly responsible for strategic and operative business development. You work closely with our Head of Business Development as well as with our founders. Your results form the base for strategic business development and have a strong influence on the future growth of Urban Sports Club.
- You significantly support the area of mergers & acquisitions and all the tasks associated with this area
- You independently support upcoming financing rounds
- You identify, evaluate and work on new business models with the focus on our existing product as well as on product expansion
- You get an extensive overview of the market
- You develop strategic market- and competitor analysis estimations of potential opportunities, evaluations and concepts to identify new business options (markets, sales channels, products, partners) as a basis for strategic decisions
- You support the development of go-to market plans and directly prepare the launch of new markets
- You reduce the founders’ work concerning strategic and operative tasks
- You sustainably support different department managers in set-up as well as tracking of KPIs
- You act as a point of contact and work closely with the top management from all the relevant functional areas
- You manage strategic projects and significantly support their implementation
- You finished your degree with outstanding academic achievement, preferably with a focus on economics, engineering or a scientific field
- You have gained at least two years of work experience in business development of a start-up, worked in consulting o Venture Capital/Investment banking or have already founded a company
- You have excellent Excel skills; base knowledge of Tableau is a plus
- You stand out with your extraordinary analytical capability as well as a brilliant understanding of complex corporate processes
- You have a basic understanding of processes and experience in project management
- You have a good sense of new business areas and enjoy developing them,
- A strong goal-oriented mindset and a high level of commitment should go without saying for you as well as precise and independent working style
- You stand out with a high level of motivation and willingness to learn and by a pronounced awareness of responsibility
- You think entrepreneurially, are proactive, structured, and self-organized. You have an eye for what needs to be done
- You have fundamental knowledge of the sports industry (optional),
- You communicate competently in spoken and written German and English. French would be a plus
- You can identify to a high extent with our targets as well as with our product and you are also enthusiastic about sports.
What you can expect from us
- Deep insights into building a start-up and the chance to actively contribute the success of Urban Sports Club from the very beginning
- A free L-membership at Urban Sports Club for you and your partner
- Flat hierarchies that offer a lot of responsibility, creativity and potential for self-development
- A passionate and goal-oriented team
- Regular team events, free drinks and snacks
- A lively working atmosphere in Berlin and Paris, typical of the start-up scene
Please tell us how or on which platform you got to know about the job.
We are looking forward to your complete application (vita, letter of motivation, possible start date and salary expectations) via the Job-Link in the contact field.