Head of Product (m/f/d)
Urban Sports GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Januar 2019
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
Urban Sports Club offers a flexible sports flatrate. The mission is to help people lead a more healthy and active lifestyle. Club members can choose from 50+ activities - ranging from classic gym workout, swimming, yoga, or bouldering, to team sports and lots more - and more than 3.000 partner venues in Germany's major cities and 500 in Paris, France and 50 in Rome (Italy). Variety, flexible conditions as well as team sports and wellness are offered both for private customers and companies.
Urban Sports GmbH was founded in 2012 by Moritz Kreppel and Benjamin Roth in Berlin, Germany. After two years of bootstrapping, the company secured an early-stage financing in 2015 and went on to acquire four of its German competitors. In December 2016, the former competitor Somuchmore joined the German market leader; FITrate joined in 2018.
As a Head of Product (m/f) you are leading and building our Product team at our Berlin headquarters. You work closely with the founders and the rest of the management team to reach the company’s vision. You are taking care of every element of our product from concept to post-launch performance. As a leader, you feel responsible for reaching the company’s overall goals and for your individual team members.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Build, develop and grow our Product team to greatness
- Provide hands-on and cooperative leadership to guide the Product team in defining and owning the Product roadmap
- Be the chief facilitator and driver for the integration of non-tech company functions such as Marketing, Sales and Customer Care in the definition and prioritization of Product goals and themes
- Define and track KPIs to measure performance and purposeful development of our products
- Define and drive Urban Sports Club’s product vision and strategy based on our overall company vision
- Establish a cross-functional team of engineering, design and product with individual themes/goals and coach them to build amazing products and services in an efficient, collaborative and fun way
- Foster collaboration and partnership between Product and Tech to create outstanding products and services that amaze as well as inspire our customers and drive revenue
What we expect from you
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a comparable position and a proven track record in successfully building, leading and developing high performing teams in a scrum/agile environment
- You are motivated by the idea of establishing a new product team, are hands-on and have the willingness to do groundwork as well
- You can bridge the gap between business and technology through a deep understanding of complex business processes and requirements
- You bring the analytical skills and precision to analyze the necessary data to evaluate opportunities and autonomously make or foster well-founded product decisions
- You have successfully managed internal and external stakeholders to add value to the company and product strategy
- You can quickly adapt to new challenges as needed while maintaining a clear mind set and razor-sharp focus
- You have demonstrated product development with a strong and lean UX focus and previous success in delivering state-of-the-art products and features
- You are a positive thinker and an outstanding communicator in English (German is a plus), who can unite cross-functional teams to common goals
- You have an entrepreneurial mind-set and creative approach to problem-solving.
- You are excited by the ongoing change within the fitness and sports industry and want to be part of it.
- You enthusiastically encourage and take care of our shared core values and deeply care about the vision and success of Urban Sports Club
What we offer
- Flat team hierarchy
- Healthy work environment – free premium access for you and your friend or partner to all offers on Urban Sports Club
- Best tools and equipment to get the job done
- A work process aimed at minimizing interruptions, we'll support you to try the best new technologies and grow professionally
- Monthly team events as well as drinks and snacks at the office
- Competitive salary
- Relocation assistance, if needed
We are looking forward to your application (incl. your CV, motivation letter,
earliest start date and your salary expectations)!
Please apply via the Joblink in the contact field.