Senior Marketing Manager (m/f/d) - Italy
Urban Sports GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Februar 2019
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
Urban Sports Club is about movement, variety and flexibility.
Doing sports together with friends or colleagues at any time and having the freedom to choose what you want to do right now - this was the original idea behind the Urban Sports Club. Choose from over 50 types of sports and more than 3.000 partner venues all over Germany with only 1 membership - what, when and how often you like. While staying flexible and without any long-term contracts.
At USC we are sporty-ambitious and flexible when it comes to our way of thinking as well as in finding solutions all while working in an international team. Our focus is always on community spirit.
...more than just a fitness flatrate! USC provides the biggest and most diverse offer of sports- and wellness activities for Germany.
About the role
As Senior Marketing Manager you are in charge of kickstarting Urban Sports Club’s marketing efforts in Italy. As we are ramping up our local team, the successful candidate will join as our first marketing staff in Italy, and as such has to be a self-starter and all-around-talent. Your role will be wide ranging (from organic to paid channels), strategic to operational, online to offline. While the first weeks and months will entail close cooperation and alignment of channels and strategies with the Berlin HQ; the mid- to long-term perspective allows for a higher degree of independence and responsibility. You will work closely with the country managing director, devising and implementing a data-led marketing approach, setting the strategy for delivering impactful multi-channel offline and online media campaigns across paid owned and earned platforms to drive results. The position is located in Milan.
- Build up the Italian marketing team
- Lead of the local marketing team going forward
- Create Italy-specific go-to-market strategy defining marketing objectives against business unit priorities
- Establish community and content marketing groundwork
- Generate first marketing partnerships (paid and barter)
- Devise and implement a data-led marketing approach, setting the strategy for delivering impactful multi-channel offline and online media campaigns across paid owned and earned platforms to drive results
- Create marketing activation plans against seasonal calendar/product priorities - inclusive of paid media, assets and influencers, PR, social and digital content
- Develop seasonal storytelling for key products
- Represent of USC at networking events, trade fairs or sports events
- Localise and adapt marketing channels and materials
- Track and analyse key metrics at national and city-based level
- Implement consumer research and market trends into actionable insights for communication strategies
- Ensure cross channel and cross market alignment on overall brand messaging, content and seasonal activations to ensure BU is sending out one clear brand vision and message
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Experience with integrated marketing campaign tactics including advertising, digital, public relations, event marketing and retail point-of-sale
- Past experience with PR agency, social/community management and startup experience are required; a focus on sports is a plus
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence within a highly matrixed organization
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasker who is flexible and thrives in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Individual contributor
- Team player
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive marketing experience
- Bachelor Degree is required; Graduate Degree a plus; preferably in marketing or communications
- Languages - native in Italian and fully professional capability in English is required
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Must be willing to travel (domestic and international) 10-20%
- The company is market leader in its branch, well-funded with a lot of potential to grow
- An international team comprised of passionate, highly motivated and dynamic individuals who enjoy what they do
- Flat hierarchies that offer a lot of self-responsibility, as well as opportunities for you to evolve and shape the company
- A lively, startup-typical working atmosphere in Milan and Berlin
- Real team play with a lot of fun together during work and regular team events
- Freedom to decide how you work to get things done around our core hours
- A free Urban Sports Club L-Membership
We are looking forward to your application (incl. your CV, motivation letter,
earliest start date and your salary expectations)!