Venture Capital Principal (m/f)
Mangrove Capital Partners
Beginn: März 2015
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Mangrove Capital Partners, a top European VC firm (early investor in companies such as Skype, Brands4Friends, Wix, KupiVIP, etc.) is looking for an outstanding candidate to join its team as an Principal in its Luxembourg office.
About Mangrove Capital Partners
Founded in 2000, Mangrove is one of the best performing venture capital firms in the world. Mangrove has over $700 million under management and chases bold entrepreneurs and disruptive ideas around the world, with a combined focus on Europe, Israel and Russia. We invest on the earliest stages of innovation across a variety of sectors, with an emphasis on Internet/Mobile services and consumer applications, software and e-commerce.
Mangrove has invested in more than 80 companies such as Brands4friends (sold to eBay), FreedomPop, KupiVIP (leading online fashion retailer in Russia), Nimbuzz, Spreets (sold to Yahoo) and Wix (IPO on NASDAQ in 2013). Mangrove also had the privilege of being the first investor in Skype, which was acquired by eBay for over €2.5 billion in 2005.
The Principal will be responsible for providing support to the partners in all aspects of potential and active investments, as well as demonstrate the capability to develop into a partner who can take the lead role on investments.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Source (or analyze with one of the partners) new early stage investments including meeting with founders and entrepreneurs, attending relevant conferences and networking events, and calling on new prospects.
- Continue to deepen already existing industry knowledge and contacts to help drive investment strategy and effectively conduct due diligence.
- Participate in all aspects of due diligence including market sizing and mapping, and industry research.
- Draft investment evaluations to present to the investment committee.
- Develop financial models relating to financings, restructurings, valuation analyses and liquidity events.
- Develop term sheets and negotiate/evaluate investment terms/capital structures with entrepreneurs.
- Play an active role within the startup community by attending key events and networking opportunities.
The Principal will work out of Mangrove’s offices in Luxembourg and will travel a lot to cities such as Paris, Berlin, London and Barcelona to meet with companies or attend events.
- 5 to 10 years of total work experience (2-3 years of operating experience - at a recent vintage top-tier high growth start-up company, preferably in engineering, product management, product marketing, business/corporate development at the VP level or higher - would be a great plus).
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the startup eco-system, networks, and deal sourcing and investment processes.
- Strong, active ties to startup and VC communities.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships necessary for sourcing investment opportunities.
- Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to articulate ideas in a group setting.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Fluency in English and another European language (fluency in German a strong plus)
Contact & details
Please send your CV to the following email address: Principal@mangrove.vc