Venture Scout (m/f) Digital Businesses and New Energies
Beginn: Dezember 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
What's the role?
The New Energy business is investing in the attractive business opportunities emerging in data-enabled, software-based mobility and energy services. Opportunities that use smart phone technology, increased data analytics and connectivity, and that can help Shell's core business by using our global reach, physical footprint, customer relationships and brand.
We have developed a portfolio of early stage Digital Businesses. Each consists of a venture lead and a team of up to 20 people. Alongside this we have set up a small ‘scanning team’ which has been critical in finding the right digital opportunities, the right partners to work with, and the external insights we need about the rapidly changing environment.
This team also keeps a database of potentially attractive companies and works closely with Shell Technology Ventures (STV) to look at potential minority investment opportunities for learning and strategic purposes. Taking a market led approach is important given the speed of change.
What will you do?
We are looking for a Venture scout in our Digital Business scanning team for New Energies. You will collaborate closely with the Venture Leads and also other Class of Business (CoB) leaders to provide external insight and identify early stage opportunities. You will work primarily with the start-up community currently disrupting the mobility (transport) sector.
In this role you will
- Actively scout for new business models and new revenue opportunities in connected mobility. You will also fill the Digital Businesses’ funnel of opportunities
- Provide concise feedback to Digital venture leads, CoB (digital) focal points in New Fuels, Connected Energy, Lubricants and Retail
- Give early stage due diligence on start-up companies (alongside STV)
- Develop business cases and investment proposals for relevant proof of concepts (PoCs) and organise trials with relevant CoBs. You will also develop investment proposals for minority equity stakes in start-ups, within the pre-defined criteria
- Write regular pieces for the Connected Customer blog and look after the ‘connected mobility’ start-up database
- Maximise value from contracts with regional 3rd party scanning providers
What we need from you
You will have excellent experience working with digital start-up businesses. You'll will also have a deep understanding of issues surrounding digital disruption, the major digital 'mega-trends', and the growing capabilities in the market.
You will also
- Have a good understanding of transport ecosystems and related value pools. You will also demonstrate your knowledge of how to optimise complex systems and remove inefficiencies
- Demonstrate excellent commercial skills – understanding new models, relevant economics, and commercial risks
- Have had exposure to 'agile' ways of working, and have highly motivated approach that suits working in a fast moving environment
- Have a basic understanding of intellectual property requirements
- Be familiar working with (and leading) a team with an ambiguous remit and be able to pivot and change to different solutions. You'll also be comfortable making decisions in uncertain environment
- Ideally had some experience in Shell Global Commercial and/or Retail is desirable (in a role with direct customer experience in B2B or B2C)
Whilst not a requirement for the role, it would be a real advantage if you can demonstrate an understanding of digital products (e.g. digital platforms). This would also apply to any previous experience of road freight and logistics
What we offer you
- At Shell, we're committed to investing in the development of your career and we give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver and really excel
- Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity and respect aren't simply a strap line, but are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach
- Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell a flexible, an appealing, and as supportive place for women to work as we can. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
Read more about a women's perspective here
People with an impairment
At Shell we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
Just let us know about your circumstances if you'd like to apply. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a long career with us.
Read more about how Shell support people with an impairment here.
Apply online here.
Agency calls are not appreciated.