Software Engineer (m/f) - Scala
Volkswagen New Mobility Operations GmbH
IT Sonstige Development
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: November 2018
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
Come help us as Scala Software Engineer to build the next generation ridesharing service.
MOIA is an innovative mobility company that will change people’s lives by re-imagining urban mobility. MOIA will create services that enable more people to move more freely and securely, ultimately making cities better places to live. We will free up the movement of people and goods within cities while making mobility accessible to everyone. That means we will:
- Make city traffic clean, safe and silent
- Create more time and space for people
- Bring affordable and convenient mobility to everybody
We would be delighted if you were to accompany us on this exciting and challenging journey. We are not only looking for candidates to fill our job vacancies; we want you as a crucial part of our team. Our core competence is passion.
What you will do
- Architect and build reactive microservices in a distributed system based on Akka and Scala
- Manage your microservices on AWS and Kubernetes with Continuous Delivery pipelines, monitoring and automatic alerting
- Ensure high-quality code through code reviews and test automation
- Work in small, cross-functional feature squads that take ownership for the whole product cycle - from ideation over design to implementation and maintenance
- Continuous ascertain of a consistent and highly scalable distributed system architecture
What we expect
You are not only a sharp engineer with a keen sense of how to build good products, but also a team player that is ready to engage in lively design discussions and able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Experience with developing high-scale distributed systems and applications with Akka and Scala on a SaaS-based cloud environments
- Experience in the following is a plus: Kubernetes, Kinesis, DynamoDB
- Interest and ability to pick up new technologies and architecture best practices quickly
- Critical thinking and curiosity-driven, attention to detail
- Effective communication skills and an interest in being part of highly autonomous and cross-functional feature squads
- Motivation to make a positive impact on our engineering culture and encourage knowledge sharing
- Fluent communication in English
What we offer you
We are a new company and a fast-growing team. We see things from a people perspective, observing, learning and responding to their social needs. We are always curious to find better ways to do things, and so we question everything. We are driven by the possibilities better urban mobility solutions can unlock. We work with different people, disciplines, and companies to make great things happen. We are an innovative tech startup based in top locations such as Berlin and Hamburg, but are also backed by Volkswagen Group providing funding, resources, know-how, and commitment.
What we offer in detail:
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Joint participation with your team at conferences, meetups and hackathons
- Fresh fruits, good coffee, tea, Fritz and Mate
- Mobility budget & Job Ticket (public transport)
- Subsidisation of a fitness club membership
- 30 days of vacation
- Relocation support
Our work is dedicated to transforming the lives of billions – you will be part of this vision.