VP Engineering (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Juni 2016
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
NUMBER26 is the most advanced bank account in Europe and the first that you can fully manage on your smartphone. We are supported by some of the best venture capital investors in the world, such as Valar Ventures (Peter Thiel), Earlybird Ventures, Redalpine Venture Partners or Axel Springer Plug and Play. Leading media already count ourselves among the "hottest FinTechs" worldwide. We just have started to reform banking being more transparent and easy. To continue the dynamic growth, we need you! So take part of our success story and shape Banking of the future already today.
- As the right hand to our CTO, you would be involved in everything from product development to architecting scalable infrastructures
- As Head of Engineering you will use your natural gravitas and excellent leadership skills to be the role model for the engineering team and will be responsible for our growing tech team
- Lead by example the overall engineering organization empowering the employees by being a role model, mentor and coach and by giving each engineer the right responsibility and space to grow
- Partner with the Business and Product Management teams to refine the vision and strategy for our products and deliver on business expectations
- Being a member of the management team communicating to all stakeholders of the firm both internally as well as externally
- Working together with the HR department to train and retain talent and to align recruitment efforts to make sure the team further grows with excellent employees
- Maintain personal technical foundation; staying current with technology concepts, paying close attention to industry trends
- Degree in Computer Science, or similar with strong experience with Java 8
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on
- research, data and industry trends
- Minimum 3 years of experience in technical leadership
- You lead by example and behave as a role model in attitude and communication
- Knowledgeable in various software delivery methodologies and processes incl Kanban and XP
- Very strong mentoring and interpersonal skills
- Experience with team building and recruiting
- An excellent Full Stack developer.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A crucial role in a highly motivated, talented team
- Exciting and varied tasks
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Flat hierarchies, as well as short and open channels of communication
- One of the most beautiful offices with modern amenities in the heart of Berlin
- A competitive remuneration + drinks and snacks for free
So, what are you waiting for? Grow with us and shape our company in the starter phase! We look forward to receiving your online application!
Since we are working with a recruiting software, we only accept online applications via our website.