VP Engineering (m/f)
Beginn: Juli 2017
Berufserfahrung: Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
LeanIX is a fast growing startup with offices in Bonn and Boston, MA. We have developed a state-of-the art SaaS solution which we operate world-wide. Our customers, for example adidas, DHL, Merck, Vodafone und Zalando, use our web-based platform and smartphone app to document and analyze their IT Architecture. The fast adoption of new technologies creates the main challenge for our teams to build more sophisticated storage and analytics functionalities to allow our customers understand and optimize the use of all their technology.
The ideal VP Engineering of LeanIX is both an outstanding team builder and a great manager. He or she will be an excellent recruiter, a great communicator, and a great issue resolver. The VP Engineerings’s job is to make everyone in the engineering organization successful and he or she needs to fix the issues that are getting in the way of success. This role is based in our city center office in Bonn, Germany. Our entire engineering team is based here. You'll report directly to one of our CEOs and founders.
What is waiting for you?
- Develop strategic decisions about technology, definition, and implementation of the software products
- Collaboratively set a technical direction with your team of developers, security engineers and devops engineers
- Support ambitious people in their career goals, maintain our high performance and high morale
- Be actively involved in hiring and growing our engineering team
- Care about agility as much you care for scalability and availability. We apply continuous deployment which keeps us focused on incremental releases. Even our biggest engineering achievements roll out piece by piece, using feature toggles. Teams build a two-weekly cadence of releases
- Drive, create and improve operational excellence, quality, security and privacy within your team and the entire engineering organization.
- Help us to evolve the culture at LeanIX
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years experience at a rapidly growing startup, or cutting edge teams at a larger tech company
- Profound management experience, esp. hands-on experience of managing teams of more than 20 engineers
- Hands-on technically, comfortable reviewing and writing code (onboarding will involve at least a month working as an engineer on one of our products)
- Track record of growing teams, developing people and establishing a tech culture in a company