VP of Product Development (m/f)
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: März 2016
Berufserfahrung: Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
Join the Wingtra team and become part of this fast growing startup from ETH Zurich! With our convertible aerial robots, we aim for a positive impact on a global scale. The Wingtra 1 is a tool that improves search & rescue chains, inspects linear infrastructure, protects large wildlife areas and increases agricultural efficiency. We have closed a successful funding round and are now looking for intellectually curious leaders and dedicated team players who will drive Wingtra forward. People at Wingtra are enthusiastic about what they do, learn fast from each other and demonstrate a high degree of empathy. Working with us, you will receive a competitive package composed of salary and shares.
As the VP of Product Development you will manage and drive all aspects of the product development process. You are responsible for bringing our prototype to an industrial-grade product in 2016, which requires tight integration of novel control and perception algorithms, state of the art electronics and low cost composite structures. To do so, you will partner with and develop our engineering team leaders who coordinate over 20 engineers. You will be responsible for further growing our engineering teams together with people operations. This is a unique role that encompasses a diverse set of challenges and will allow you to have a substantial impact on both the organization and the product itself.
- Background in engineering
- Software/hardware experience in innovative technology company, preferably startup
- 5+ years of experience as CTO, VP or Director responsible for development and architecture of well-designed, robust, and delightful products involving complex software, hardware and UX, preferably UAVs
- Experience in developing and mentoring engineering team leaders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Honest, humble, and self-motivated
- Proven track record of successful product launches
- Prior experience in growing a team from 20 to 50 or more engineers
- Experience delivering robust C++ code in teams preferably in embedded systems, computer vision, UAVs
- Experience in sourcing and building up supply chains for small series production in Europe or Asia involving electronics and composites
- 10+ years of relevant experience, potential to grow in a CXO role
Become part of this exciting journey and submit your application on wingtra.com/career/wingtranaut/.
We are a company that values diversity and seek to have a balanced team of women and men. We specifically encourage women to apply for this position.