Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Januar 2018
Berufserfahrung: Manager/in mit Personalverantwortung
WeAre is a small and passionate team located in the heart of Berlin with a strong belief in fast execution and delivering real value through cutting-edge technology.
To further drive our vision of reinventing and defining the future of communication, we are looking for a CTO who is fascinated with VR and willing to lead our development team to make that vision reality.
Our team is building a next-generation collaboration suite, based entirely in VR. We believe in taking everyday business operations to the next level, with a strong focus on supporting industrial design and product development cycles.
As teams become increasingly multinational and spread out across various locations, we believe that our technology can transfer face-to-face collaboration to the digital dimension, making workflows of remote teams intuitive and personal without the hassle of coming together in person.
- Implementation and monitoring of the continuous development of product features in Unity with C# and taking responsibility to make sure that our mentality of fast execution and delivery is upheld
- Writing and enforcing clean, clear, comprehensible, documented and performance-optimized code within the team
- Proactively developing and implementing new ideas to further enhance the product (software architecture, interactivity, usability etc.)
- Participating in the general process of systematic testing in cooperation with designers and testers, as well as evaluating the results and developing proposals for eliminating identified issues
- Strong computer science background
- Problem-solving mindset
- At least 5 years hands-on coding in C#
- Understanding of version control systems (git)
- Experience leading a team using Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with network programming - preferably with the Unity Multiplayer API (UNET) or similar systems
- Experience in optimizing the performance of desktop-3D in Unity
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team
- Experience in Virtual Reality and especially with the HTC Vive
- Experience in the gaming industry
- Experience in Python language or willing to learn
- Proficiency in German is welcome but not required
What we offer
- Stock options to make you a key part of the team and reward your continuous contribution towards growing the company further
- Working on a wide spectrum of tasks ranging from avatars to multiplayer synchronization in VR
- The chance to gain experience in the very current field of virtual reality
- Having fun as part of a friendly and passionate team
- The opportunity to become a part of the Berlin start-up ecosystem
- The opportunity to travel as part of a multi-national and multi-locational team