Web Engineer (Business Process System) (m/f)
Lesson Nine GmbH
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: Oktober 2014
Berufserfahrung: Mit Berufserfahrung
We are looking for a full-time Web Engineer (Business Process System) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7000 hours of premium content, Babbel is growing fast while we are shaping the future of learning.
Our flexible cloud-based backend infrastructure consists of multiple high-performance rails services serving more than 20.000 requests per minute to users worldwide via different clients (Android, iOS, Web).
You are a developer that loves to solve challenging technical problems working together with ambitious colleagues in a fast-paced environment.
Your mission will be to support our Marketing Team to optimize the technical infrastructure for user-acquisition and user-retention in close cooperation with experienced colleagues from other engineering teams.
- Work as part of an agile team to deliver internal system for business process and spend management
- Work closely together with project manager, finance/controlling team, marketing team and internal IT team to develop the best solution.
- Developing, testing and publishing functionality of the system
- Ensure code quality
- Ensure browser support and compatibility across devices
- Take ownership of features, work with the team and stakeholders to implement great functionality
- Work closely together with the System Architect and other engineers to ensure an efficient architecture
- 3+ years experience in software development
- Good knowledge in PHP development, at least 1+ years experience
- SQL (MySQL preferred) knowledge, at least 1+ years experience
- Experience with REST-based programming
- Ability to tackle display and usability issues
- Can do attitude, great team player
- OPTIONAL: Experience with AWS, workflow engines and finance functions
- Tackle high volume, scaleable problems with cutting-edge technologies
- Responsibility from day one the support to grow professionally and personally
- Participate in hackdays, technology brown-bags
Why work at Babbel?
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 20 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks, Hackathons etc.)