Internship Web Product Management - Online Community (m/f)
Beginn: September 2014
Join trivago and help shape the future of the world’s largest online hotel search. Work with the latest technology and with colleagues from over 60 countries. We believe in personal development through flexible, self-directed work and cross-functional opportunities. Enjoy a working environment that encourages new ideas, fun and challenging the status quo!
Our Product team is opening an exciting internship to push forward trivago’s rapidly growing crowd sourcing initiative. Already thousands of participants in over 17 countries worldwide are contributing to the information you can find on trivago, while earning money and meeting new friends online. During this internship you’ll be involved in the entire product development cycle and gain deep insights into how an online community site is organized and brought to life on a global level.
- Learn about the strategy of a rapidly growing global crowdsourcing initiative. To find out more, go to: http://trivago.com/community/
- Optimize the user experience by re-designing and implementing new features.
- Understand needs of improvements by working together with Community Managers and come up with technical solutions in form of new features.
- Create mock-ups describing how features should work and then work with our Design team and Developers abroad to bring them to live.
- Research into the needs of community users, crowd sourcing trends and contribute new ideas.
- Perform quality assurance testing prior to launch of new features to ensure correct display of information, functionality and layout.
- You’re studying or have recently graduated, ideally in IT, Computer Science or related studies. If you’ve studied something else, please outline your passion for the internet in your cover letter.
- If you’ve set up a website or a blog yourself, please include the link in your cover letter.
- You're a smart cookie and grasp new concepts easily.
- Things move quickly here, so you must have the ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organised fashion.
- You work well independently and require little direction.
What we offer
- A paid internship, with the possibility of an entry-level position after 6 months.
- A pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team.
- Independent work in an innovative, rapidly growing company.
- Fast personal development and a steep learning curve.
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths.
- Cross-functional opportunities in project and teamwork.
- Regular team events, a wide range of sport activities, a fridge full of beer and non-alcoholic beverages as well as fresh fruit every day.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 months (paid)
Apply online! Use the Job-Link that you find clicking on "Kontaktinformation anzeigen".