Vice President (m/f) - Operations
Finance Operations Sonstige
Frühestmöglicher Eintrittstermin: August 2018
Berufserfahrung: Direktor/in (Bereichsleiter, VP, SVP etc.)
What We Are Building
We believe that the way people live and run their property will change dramatically. Vermietet.de is revolutionizing the industry and obliterating the archaic methods of traditional, manual- and paper-based property management. Our product is used by thousands of customers that trust us, and we are excited to manage their properties on our platform. Vermietet.de gives full financial transparency, calculates utility costs in a matter of clicks, and keeps all of your contracts at your fingertips.
Our vision is to build an ecosystem where landlords, tenants and property managers will interact digitally to improve all aspects of living. We accomplish this by combining outstanding product design and technology excellence, and we are experts at turning complex problems into simple solutions. Our technology strategy is to build distributed architecture, which is capable of embracing a business process of any complexity. We believe in a good code, tests, full automation of deployment, and everything that makes our everyday life fun.
Who Are We Looking For
We are looking for a Vice President (VP) Operations (m/f) to join our executive team enabling the strategic advancement of the company. Directly reporting to the CEO you will lead our operations, finance, and business development departments. Thus, you will be in charge of planning and directing all administrative, financial, and operational activities within the organization. If you are an ambitious, analytical, and entrepreneurial thinker, excited by the idea to fundamentally change the way we interact with real estate in our everyday lives, Vermietet.de is the right place for you.
- You will build up our operations, finance, and business development departments, including the development and implementation of processes, the definition and monitoring of KPIs as well as the planning, hiring, and development of your own teams.
- Leading our operations department you are responsible for all efforts related to customer success as well as operational activities. This includes the coordination and quality assurance of our external partners and service providers as well as the development and monitoring of our in-house service teams for specific products (such as legal or phone consultancy, etc.).
- Leading our finance department, you are in charge of all financial planning, budgeting, and projections as well as day-to-day accounting, finance operations, and payroll.
- Leading our business development efforts, you are in charge of initiating and monitoring all projects of high strategic importance. This includes (but is not limited to) developing and managing our partnership network, researching, evaluating, and executing potential expansions into different market segments or geographies. Additionally, you act as an internal consultant to other departments for the introduction and implementation of processes and technologies to improve internal performance.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment such as strategy consulting, investment banking or a top-tier technology company.
- You are experienced in leading your own teams as well as being a “manager of managers”, but similarly enjoy setting up processes on your own don’t mind “getting your hands dirty”.
- You combine a process-driven hands-on mentality that accepts nothing but perfection in day-to-day operations with a long-term, strategy-oriented mindset.
- You are extremely well organized, 100% reliable, very proactive, and constantly challenge yourself to always be one step ahead of everyone else.
- You have exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and excel at process design & execution, numbers-driven decision making, and effective C-level communication.
- Fluency in both English and German (!) is required.
Why You Should Join Us
Every single day, you strive to be the best in what you do. Your ambition and dedication is what defines you and you are looking for an environment that supports and nurtures these traits. Welcome to Vermietet.de - you will feel right at home with us. Furthermore, working with us comes with some other nice perks, too:
- Competitive Salary and Equity Participation: we are in on this mission together – and will win it as a team. That’s why next to competitive pay, everyone is offered a piece of the company.
- Flexible Vacation Policy: Work hard, holiday hard. We don’t count vacation days. Refuel and take time off when you need it.
- Healthy Food & Beverage: Kitchen stocked with healthy foods, snacks, drinks and as much Mate and beer as you want? Check.
- Triple-A Equipment: Your best performance requires the best tools. So you tell us what you need and we get it, no questions asked. Yes, even weird mouse pads.
- A Workplace You’ll Love: A cozy & light-filled office in the heart of Berlin Prenzlauer Berg – a place with history; Zalando & Rocket Internet were started in the very same office.
- Relocation Assistance: We can’t imagine why you aren’t already in Berlin, but if you need to move, we’ll help you organize the move, get all the papers and even find you an apartment.
Fancy a challenge?
Then apply directly here with your resume/CV and a short cover letter detailing your specific skills, motivations, and your availabilities. We are looking forward to receiving your application and will get in touch with you quickly!