API Evangelist (m/f)
- Mit Berufserfahrung
HERE, a Nokia business, offers the world’s freshest maps and location experiences across multiple screens and operating systems. HERE inspires a new generation of location services and devices helping more people to navigate their lives with ease and confidence. Built on more than 25 years of experience in cartography and drawing on more than 80,000 sources of data, HERE offers “Maps for Life” for more than 190 countries, voice guided navigation in 95 countries in more than 50 languages and live traffic information for 34 countries. To learn more about HERE, visit http://blog.here.com
The Routing team aims at providing the best possible directions to drivers, pedestrians and public transit users. We've been developing cutting-edge routing solutions as well as web services used by millions of users around the world through:
- smartphone apps such as HERE Drive and HERE Maps,
- web sites like here.com (feel free to give it a try!), maps.yahoo.com,
- integrated solutions in the automotive context.
In order to provide a yet better user experience through all applications using our APIs, we're now looking for a new teammate (permanent & collocated) who will engage at code and documentation levels with application Developers, while identifying and addressing any usability issue they may face.
As our API Evangelist, you'll be a key player in communicating, sharing and teaching everything related to the Routing APIs. In addition to establishing a mutually beneficial direct relationship with our users, you'll monitor and contribute to our communication media: corporate social network, team wiki, release notes, user manuals, generated code documentation, slide shows... as well as any missing piece you would identify.
In an Agile context, your responsibilities will include
- providing code level technical support to in-house and external Developers to help them enhance their applications with our APIs,
- contributing to the deliverable documentation that we consider a first class citizen,
- contributing to and organizing the Routing team's internal tools documentation,
- organizing information sessions for our stakeholders,
- monitoring user feedbacks from different origins such as live streams or NPS scores,
- criticizing our deliverables by proposing improvement user stories to our Product Owner,
- working closely with your teammates to investigate and resolve any issue impacting our deliverables,
Ideally, we would like you to have
- a MSc in Computer Science, (or equivalent)
- an experience in a technical consulting or support role,
- fluency in English, both in written and spoken forms,
- an exceptional sense of organization, with a close attention to detail, (where the evil is)
- strong technical writing skills,
- strong interpersonal skills, enthusiastic about discussing ideas and disseminating findings with Engineers as well as Business Leaders,
- relevant experiences in software development using third-party REST APIs,
- relevant experiences in software development using third-party native APIs, (preferably C++)
- an experience with documentation generators, (Doxygen, Javadoc, etc.)
- the willingness to share by using the best mean depending on the audience.
The following would add extra value to your contribution in our team
- experience in UX design, (so useful when organizing communication media!)
- experience in product localization,
- knowledge of authoring systems. (e.g. DITA)