Assistant Buyer / Einkauf (m/f)
Who are we?
We’re Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and house wares in the United States and we’re ready to make Berlin our new European Headquarters! The Wayfair Group was selected by Glassdoor as a top company to work for and #16 on the Forbes most promising companies. Here at Wayfair we’re never done, we like transparency and are ‘go to’ people. Are you a startup enthusiast and ready to join one of Berlin’s hottest new international companies? If so, then keep on reading!
Joss & Main, one of Wayfairs brands, is a leading online member’s only & flash sale boutique for home interiors and is expanding across Europe. At Joss & Main, the Assistant Buyer team is responsible for all data collection and operational aspects of the flash sales events presented on site. Daily projects include collecting information for products in events, putting together event submissions for the Merchandising team, onboarding new suppliers, and conducting operational reviews for each supplier prior to event launch.
As an Assistant Buyer you…
- Act as key supplier contact for all information gathering, with keen focus on accuracy and completeness of information
- Forge and expand strong supplier relationships
- Partner with event production team to ensure timely, accurate event submissions
- Assist buyers with negotiating terms (e.g. inventory, pricing)
- Partner with supplier performance team to onboard new suppliers to the Wayfair platform
- Develop and maintain industry knowledge; stay on top of category and market trends
- Utilize product database to complete product information for events
- Drive customer satisfaction by reducing cancellation and backorder rates, and by constantly improving the quality of product information
- Act as end to end owner of the event submission, and coordinate across cross-functional teams including Merchandising, Production, Creative, and Technology
Who Joss & Main is looking for
- We are looking for a highly organized person with strong interpersonal and communication skills to join our dynamic team in Berlin, Germany.
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with strong negotiating skills
- Goal oriented, entrepreneurial self-starter, gregarious, has presence (not shy)
- Powerful attention to detail, dissatisfied with any mistake, takes ownership
- Savvy, quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Proven ability to thrive as part of a team on individually
- Able to juggle many projects at many stages of development at one time
- Highly organized
- Excel proficiency a must
- Fluency in English and either French, Italian or a Scandinavian language is essential
- Familiarity with SQL a plus
And finally, our proposition to you!
Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- An awesome team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- Top performers progress their career further into our buying organization or operations and process management.
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in ecommerce
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 2,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfair
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.