Associate (m/f) Silicon Valley
- Mit Berufserfahrung
Speedinvest is a leading European venture capital fund for digital startups. With $100M under management, Speedinvest works side-by-side with early-stage entrepreneurs to build great companies. Thanks to our hands-on model, our global partner network and our operations in Silicon Valley, we have managed to become one of the main focal points for the European startup community. We do investments from pre-seed through Series-A and a big portion of our value-add comes through operational work. We concentrate on projects where we have direct experience, networks, and where we can take a well-defined, intensive operational role, and significantly create value for founders and shareholders.
Europe is a prime area for early stage investment for many reasons, most significantly: valuations are based on financial reality and the engineering talent rocks. And there a many proof points: Europe has created world class companies, and the number of large exits and success stories in our region is growing fast. BUT, one of the local challenges is that there are few early stage funds with global networks and operational resources. European start-ups need the right platforms to scale globally, and this is what we have built. But it takes a lot of work to make global success happen. This is where you come in.
You might find yourself as a COO of a technology startup for 4 months while we execute their US GTM plan. You might find yourself spending your mornings on calls with European founders as you evaluate deal flow, surveying the competitive landscape, developing partnerships, negotiating license agreements or pitching to investors for your start-ups in the afternoon, then sitting on an investor panel in the evening.
We are looking for an active, creative all-rounder. We want someone who can design/build products and sell them. Start-up experience is a must. Technical skills and or BSc highly preferred. European languages (particularly German) are a big plus.
- Sales and business development experience required
- Product management experience highly desirable
- MBA +2 years experience or equivalent. We LOVE PhDs.
- Start-up experience in a key leadership role – founder, CEO, COO. Failure is fine. We need someone who has seen the whole cycle.
- Relative fluency in corporate finance and venture capital concepts (although we can teach you this quickly).
- Fundraising experience highly desirable
Your personal profile
- Active networking – do you already have a strong local network? Do you like to go to hackathons/incubators/mixers 3-4 nights a week? Do you have Marc/Ron/Travis on speed dial?
- Self-driven and independent.
- Curious, adaptive & flexible. You prefer new challenges over routines.
- An entrepreneurial ‘can-do’ attitude facilitated by continuous learning.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work on tight deadlines
- Ability to digest complex information, form a distinct point of view, and communicate it in a clear and relevant way
TBD. If we like you, you’ll get options in our $100M fund. Seriously.
Please send your resume and application to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch with you! Links to other websites and resources where we might learn more about you (personal blog, Twitter, etc.) are greatly appreciated.