(Senior) Analyst (m/w/d)
Axel Springer SE is one of the largest European media companies that today employs more than 16,000 people and is, through its subsidiaries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. We are actively shaping digitization and consider it a great opportunity to become the leading digital publisher.
Axel Springer Digital GmbH and its subsidiaries steer the majority of Axel Springer’s digital entities, which already today contribute more than 80% to the corporate group’s EBITDA. Our more than 200 investments, e.g. StepStone, Business Insider, Idealo, Awin, finanzen.net, eMarketer, SeLoger and Immowelt, are active in Europe, USA and South America as market leaders in their respective fields of business. In addition, we are actively expanding our portfolio of early-stage investments in Europe and the US through both our investments in funds such as Project A-Ventures and LakeStar, as well as through direct investments of the Axel Springer & Porsche Accelerator. To support our national and international growth and the strategic expansion of our portfolio in cooperation with the board, we are looking for talented people to join our Strategy and Investment Team of the Axel Springer Digital GmbH, a 100% subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are looking for you.
- Project-based collaboration with the strategic investment management teams responsible for the content and marketing, classifieds as well as early stage verticals
- Preparation of market and competition analysis to identify both organic and inorganic growth opportunities including valuation of potential targets
- Perform various analyses for M&A-transactions (support in commercial and/or financial due diligences, business plans, deal structures and contract designs)
- Support with the creation of internal decision documents for both the board and supervisory board of Axel Springer SE
- Assistance in deal flow management, business intelligence, process management and the creation of pitch books
- Outstanding university degree in a relevant field of economics from a leading business school
- Enthusiasm for digital media and digital business models
- First practical experience in Strategy Consulting, Venture Capital, Investment Banking or in a Start-up as an entrepreneur
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial and conceptual mind as well as a drive for numbers
- Willingness to perform, high professionalism and a strong team player
- Fluent in English and German. French is a strong plus
- Very good MS-Office skills and ideally first experience with the use of research and web analytics tools, such as comScore, SimilarWeb and MergerMarket
- Inspiring work environment with challenging tasks in our digital portfolio management
- Deep insights into various digital business models from early- to later stage investments and business development
- Highly professional and cooperative corporate culture that leaves room for personal development and offers a steep learning curve
- Chance to work in portfolio companies to strengthen your operational skills
- Join a leading corporate investment management division of one of the leading digital publishers that offers promising and forward-looking business perspectives
Questions regarding this position (reference number 008400078) will be answered gladly by:
Jessica Ludwig, mail: email@example.com.
Axel Springer Digital GmbH emphasizes equal opportunities. We welcome the applications of people with disabilities, whose integration is an important matter to us.