Associate Strategic Project Officer (m/f)
Axel Springer SE is one of the largest European media companies that today employs more than 15,000 people and is, through its subsidiaries, active in over 40 countries worldwide. We are actively shaping digitization and consider it a great opportunity in becoming the leading digital publisher.
Axel Springer Digital GmbH steers the majority of Axel Springer’s digital entities as well as the international News Media portfolio. Our digital assets already today contribute more than 80% to the corporate group’s EBITDA. Our more than 200 investments, including Business Insider, eMarketer, StepStone, idealo, AWIN, finanzen.net, KaufDa, SeLoger and Immowelt, are located in the US, Europe, Israel and South America, being market leaders in their respective fields. In addition, we are actively expanding our portfolio of early-stage investments in Europe and the US through both our investments in funds such as Lerer Hippeau Venture, SV Angel, Project A-Ventures and LakeStar, as well as through direct investments. In our joint ventures with Swiss Ringier AG we bundle all our News Media activities in Switzerland and Eastern Europe.
The News Media Portfolio Management is responsible for most of the international News Media activities from early to late stage as well as all Marketing Media units. To support us in the next phase of growth in News Media and to realize value from joined strategic projects among our group companies, we are looking for you.
- You set up and structure central strategic projects to support the group’s or an individual company’s goals, reporting directly to C-level of Axel Springer Digital GmbH
- You identify and substantiate relevant strategic opportunites, organically and anorganically and from our coporate sources, international units as well as your own research
- You are able to carry out profitability, market and competition analyses to build a solid analytical foundation for your project recommendations
- You feel at ease leading workshops and other meetings with senior stakeholders to discuss project results, next steps and to define new projects
- You have experience with complex transformation projects and have the confidence to follow up on the achievement of important project milestones with senior colleagues
- You feel comfortable working with different companies across multiple geographies and are able to blend in with their specific cultures
- Identifying trends and growth potentials for the further development of our News Media business models
- Actively support the due diligence process as part of Axel Springer’s M&A activities
- Act as an interface and securing a knowledge transfer between companies we are invested in and Axel Springer divisions
- Outstanding degree from a top university in a business-related or quantitative field
- At least 2-4 years of experience, preferably in Strategy Consulting, a strategic corporate function or in a start-up as an entrepreneur
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial and conceptual mind as well as a drive for numbers
- In-depth know-how of and enthusiasm for digital business models, and you enjoy working in a team in an international environment
- Self-driven, independent and reliable working style with curiosity to think beyond the obvious
- Fluent in English, proficiency in German is a plus
What we offer
- 100 % responsibility for realizing your own ideas of how to further profitably grow our News Media business
- Possibility to develop your own career path within Axel Springer through turning strategic projects into new businesses within the group
- Deep insights into the digital media industry
- Participation in a friendly and motivated dynamic team as part of the digital transformation
- Highly professional and cooperative corporate culture that leaves room for personal development and offers a steep learning curve
- Attractive and exciting job based in Berlin, with the possibility for longer project-related stints in our other locations e.g. New York or San Francisco
Questions regarding this position (reference number 008400073) will be answered gladly by:
Axel Springer Digital GmbH emphasizes equal opportunities. We welcome the applications of people with disabilities, whose integration is an important matter to us.