Trainee (m/f) - Pricing & Monetization / Business Development
Pricing. Monetization. Business Development.
Become an expert in taking digital revenue models to the next level!
Axel Springer Digital GmbH, a 100% subsidiary of Axel Springer SE, steers the digital units of the Axel Springer group. Our more than 200 business units in Europe, the USA and South America include highly profitable digital market leaders, among these StepStone, SeLoger, idealo, Awin, finanzen.net, Immowelt, eMarketer and Business Insider. In addition, we are actively expanding our portfolio of early-stage investments in Europe, the US and China through direct investments, partners such as Project A-Ventures and our own Accelerators with Plug & Play and Porsche.
The Pricing & Monetization team is part of the Business Development department and reports directly to the Axel Springer Board. It acts as an internal consultant to support digital units in strategy, pricing, product, sales and CRM topics. To support our team of experts, we are looking for you!
What is the optimal monetization roadmap for a Silicon Valley startup? How can we earn money with journalism in the digital world? What is the right price for the biggest German newspaper? What products should a real-estate portal develop to gain additional market share?
- Develop solutions and find answers for challenges comparable to those above
- Become a member of a highly professional expert team on internal consulting projects
- Identify market trends, carry out market research, develop new products, analyze customer and competitor data, prepare presentations and calculate business cases
- Enthusiasm for digital business models and their monetization
- Outstanding university degree in Business Administration, Business Informatics, Data Science, Mathematics, Psychology or any other comparable field from a leading university
- Some initial practical experience in consulting, pricing, marketing or as an entrepreneur
- Confident in working with MS-Office (in particular Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in German and English (French an advantage)
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial and conceptual mindset as well as a drive for numbers
- Great interest in consulting and project work
- Willingness to perform, high professionalism and a strong team player
- Mobility concerning project work at German and international business units
- An individual and varied 18-month trainee program, in which you will work at different Axel Springer units (e.g., BILD, WELT, StepStone, SeLoger, idealo, Awin, Gründerszene, APX, hy!, …)
- At least one trainee station in the investment management team and one of our international business units
- A job experience that combines the advantages of management consulting and a large corporation
- Events and seminars providing you with a rich skillset to consult digital units in pricing and monetization challenges
- A successful expert team (e.g., experienced consultants from leading consultancies)
- Highly professional and cooperative corporate culture that leaves room for personal development and offers a steep learning curve
- Join one of the leading digital publishers that offers promising and forward-looking business perspectives
Questions regarding this position (reference number 008400075) will be answered gladly by:
Axel Springer Digital GmbH emphasizes equal opportunities. We welcome the applications of people with disabilities, whose integration is an important matter to us.