Junior Business Development Manager (m/f/d)
hy‘s mission is to fully understand the transformational power of the global tech and digital ecosystem and to utilize it to the benefit of our clients: entrepreneurs, corporations and government institutions. We are a professional services firm and we tackle the challenges of the digital transformation for our clients. Our diverse team of entrepreneurs, analysts, venture developers and digital experts meets our clients at eye level and engages with them as peers.
We are based in Berlin and we are a portfolio company of Axel Springer SE, Europe’s leading digital media company and transformational pioneer. Egon Zehnder and Klöckner are strategic partners of hy, offering their global network and expertise as part of hy‘s customized services and solutions. Our CEO, best-selling author Christoph Keese ("Silicon Valley", "Silicon Germany", "Disrupt Yourself"), is one of the most acknowledged experts when it comes to digital transformation and disruptive business strategies.
Our Business Development team is committed to take hy's growth to the next level and to develop our business through constantly scanning the market for new business opportunities and transforming them into client relationships. We speak at events, discuss collaboration opportunities with leads, clients and other business partners, and operate our marketing, communication and PR activities.
You will support our Senior Vice President - Business Development, in identifying new business opportunities (clients, partners, products), managing the sales pipeline and conducting customer acquisition projects to drive our commercial growth. Moreover, you will be involved in our marketing activities and develop targeted client communication activities, such as PR, email newsletters or social media content and you will work at the intersection of our four units (Briefings, Intelligence, Solutions, Technology) interacting with our team of leading professionals within the digital transformation space. This will give you the opportunity to gain deep industry knowledge and be at the forefront of Germany’s digital transformation.
Join us if you:
- want to make a difference in the digital transformation of the German industry.
- are passionate about sales, marketing and business development.
- enjoy building and growing sales at a professional services company.
- are a people’s person and talented at building relationships.
- are good with numbers, have an analytical approach to your work and strong attention to detail.
- have excellent self-management skills and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- are pragmatic and solution-oriented.
- are intrigued by emerging technologies and their impact on value chains.
- have a strong interest in corporate and startup innovation.
- are excited about the idea of working among some of the leading pioneers in digital transformation in Germany.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying new business opportunities (clients, partners, products).
- Carrying out market and competition analysis.
- Managing the sales pipeline in Salesforce.
- Identifying client acquisition channels.
- Preparing pitch meetings, creating briefing documents and various presentations.
- Supporting our marketing activities (PR, email newsletters or social media content).
- Reporting and improving the efficiency of our sales and marketing activities.
- A Bachelor's degree, ideally in Business Economics, Marketing, Technology or related fields. However, we do also consider candidates with other educational backgrounds.
- Native level of German and professional proficiency in English is a must.
- Experienced in using Salesforce or comparable CRM tools.
- Strong communication skills and a persuasive manner towards clients.
- A passion for emerging technologies, digital business models and startups.
We offer a competitive salary, an encouraging atmosphere and a great, highly motivated team that is committed to a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect. We’re deeply convinced that being fully dedicated to your job should be no contradiction to a fulfilling family and social life. We believe in providing our team with a supportive atmosphere, complemented with meaningful extras.