Intern (m/f/d) - Business Development
hy‘s mission is to fully understand the transformational power of the global tech and digital ecosystem and to utilize it to the benefit of entrepreneurs, corporations and governments. hy is a portfolio company of Axel Springer SE, Europe’s leading digital media company and transformational pioneer. We are based in Berlin with representations in Tel Aviv and Palo Alto. Our CEO, best-selling author Christoph Keese ("Silicon Valley", "Silicon Germany", "Disrupt Yourself"), is one of the most acknowledged experts when it comes to digital transformation and disruptive business strategies.
Organized as a platform, hy facilitates the capabilities of transformative technology companies, entrepreneurs, experts, and investors worldwide. Egon Zehnder and Klöckner are strategic partners of hy, offering their global network and expertise as part of hy‘s customized services and solutions. We at hy are committed to a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect.
At hy, the Sales and Marketing team is committed to take hy's growth to the next level. We constantly scan the market for new business opportunities. We speak at events, discuss collaboration opportunities with leads, clients and other business partners, and operate our marketing, communication and PR activities.
During your internship you will support our Senior Vice President - Sales and Marketing, in identifying new business opportunities (clients, partners, products), managing the sales pipeline and conducting customer acquisition campaigns. Moreover, you will work closely together with our Marketing team to assist our targeted customer communication activities, such as PR, e-mail newsletters or social media content and you will work across all departments at hy and interact with our team of leading professionals within the digital transformation space.
Join us if you
- Are passionate about business development and marketing
- Want to learn more about sales processes at a professional services company
- Are good with numbers, have an analytical approach to your work and strong attention to detail
- Have excellent self-management skills and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Are pragmatic and solution-oriented
- Are intrigued by emerging technologies and their impact on value chains
- Have a strong interest in corporate and startup innovation
- Are excited about the idea of working among some of the leading pioneers in digital transformation in Germany
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Identifying new business opportunities (clients, partners, products)
- Filling and tracking the sales pipeline in Salesforce
- Preparing pitch meetings, creating briefing documents and various presentations
- Supporting the marketing team (PR, e-mail newsletters or social media content)
- Creating sales reports
- You are currently studying Business Economics, Marketing, Technology or related fields However, we do also consider candidates with other educational backgrounds
- Native level of German and professional proficiency in English is a must
- Strong communication skills and a persuasive manner towards clients
- A passion for emerging technologies, digital business models and startups is a must
At hy, we offer a competitive internship salary, an encouraging atmosphere, and a great, highly motivated team. We’re deeply convinced that being fully dedicated to your job should be no contradiction to a fulfilled family and social life. We believe in providing our team with a supportive atmosphere, complemented with meaningful extras.